Talk

Advanced search

Hello - new to MN & TTC!

(4 Posts)
Clork Thu 13-Aug-15 10:33:19

Hello!

Thought I would introduce myself as I am new to MN and currently TTC.

Early thirties, we've been TTC our first child for 4 months (I know that is a drop in the ocean, but it seems like forever!). I am temping and using OPKs and for the last couple of months have been using the “SMEP” method of intercourse as it seemed quite straightforward and sensible. I think like a lot of women, having been told for years how easy it is to get pregnant, and trying so hard to avoid it, it’s a surprise that actually, it may not happen overnight!

Just looking for somewhere to be able to chat to like-minded TTCers, but really trying not to obsess (it’s hard!). I am a little puzzled as to why women who are TTC can’t refer to their periods and intercourse as such – I find all this AF, BD business a bit twee, but each to their own I guess.

So hello!

goldensunlight Thu 13-Aug-15 13:03:59

Hi Clork,

Welcome to MN! I have only posted a few times but have been reading for a few months... I get confused by all the acronyms I must admit!

I am 29 (for a few more weeks) and we are ttc our first baby. We have been pregnant before but that was a surprise and ended at 8 weeks being ectopic and implanted in the cervix. This will be our 3rd month of trying and my period has just ended a couple of days ago so will soon be entering the fertile window I guess! I am not temping or anything at the moment, we are just trying to have regular intercourse throughout the month. I am tempted to start using OPKs but think I will wait another month or two and if still no luck then change the plan. Since being pregnant before I do get ovulation pain but I don't want to be reliant on that... do you find the OPKs helpful or just add more stress??

x

Clork Thu 13-Aug-15 15:06:38

Hi Golden! smile

Good luck this month! I am on CD8, we'll be starting to have sex every other day today... sounds dead romantic doesn't it? wink

Really sorry to hear about your ectopic, that is such a sad thing to happen, I hope you are doing OK? I had a miscarriage in my early twenties and it was very sad, but I suppose at least I know I can get pregnant. Although ironic it happened easily when we weren't trying!

I don't find OPKs too stressful really, they are quite useful (I have a long luteal phase so the apps I've tried tend to predict my fertile window too late!). Only annoying thing is not being able to do them in the morning when I get up to get it out of the way!

goldensunlight Thu 13-Aug-15 15:25:33

I am also CD8! I usually have a 30 day cycle.

The ectopic was horrible but it was a year ago now so I am fully recovered and staying positive that it means we are able to conceive so if we keep trying it should (fingers crossed) happen again!

Perhaps I will order myself some OPKs if we don't have any luck this month smile can't hurt to try something else!

Good luck to you too! And enjoy the romance ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now