Talk

Advanced search

any success with acupuncture?

(7 Posts)
Beansprout30 Tue 11-Aug-15 19:55:12

So af has rocked up and am now onto cycle 15 with no hint of a bfp. Whilst waiting for an appointment at the fertility hospital I thought id give acupuncture a try as I can't see it will do any harm other than leave us out of pocket! Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad using acupuncture for fertility?

mrslol Tue 11-Aug-15 20:03:35

I did! I came off the pill and had no period for months. Decided to try acupuncture as, like you, thought we didn't have anything to lose. Although I found the actually sessions really good, it was the holistic approach that I think helped. After looking at all my information the acupuncturist told me to take more iron and few other bits of advice. Long story short periods came back then 2 months later - bam - pregnant. Worth a go and if nothing else it's actually quite relaxing.

Good luck!

zombiemeow Wed 12-Aug-15 15:22:00

I did too smile

My af was all over the place, cycles were anything from 14-90 days. Went for acupuncture and got pregnant that month and after having ds my cycles were bang on 28 days.

I would definitely recommend it, but I did a lot of research into who I went to and he came highly recommended.

Good luck!

waitingforarainbow Wed 12-Aug-15 16:46:44

Hi Beansprout30. I had one session of acupuncture after my miscarriage earlier this year, mainly just to feel like I was doing something proactive. But I didn't feel anything during the session and didn't even feel relaxed, so I decided not to go back. It didn't have any effect on my cycle that month but I doubt it is supposed to after just one session.

Having said that, my sister had acupuncture for something non-TTC related and found it incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. She said she felt like she was 'floating on air' afterwards! So maybe my expectations were just too high, or maybe it just works for some and not for others.

Have you considered reflexology? It's also supposed to be good for TTC and regulating cycles. After my miscarriage I hadn't ovulated for two months and was getting quite worried as all my OPKs were coming up negative. I had a spa day booked and they just so happened to have a reflexologist at the spa so I booked an appointment. The reflexology itself was very relaxing (just like a very nice foot massage) and afterwards the reflexologist said she didn't detect any reproductive problems and that I just needed to wait a bit longer. The next day I got my first positive OPK in two months, and ovulated the next day! I couldn't believe it! It could have been pure coincidence but I'm really glad I went. Might be something to consider too. Good luck! x

Beansprout30 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:06:41

Thanks all for your replies, really looking forward to it and hope it does some good! waiting I will also look reflexology, willing to give anything a go right now!

VillageFete Wed 12-Aug-15 23:08:57

Hi,

I started acupuncture today! My cycles are between 30 to 37 days and my acupuncturist seems to think it needs to be much more regulated than that to help me TTC. Also, he wants to focus on helping the quality of my eggs. I'm always stressed so hoping it will help with that too.

Beansprout30 Thu 13-Aug-15 15:11:34

Best of luck village, keep us updated! How long have you been trying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now