Talk

Advanced search

Time of day to use ovulation test

(2 Posts)
planetred10 Tue 11-Aug-15 07:39:12

Hi, I have just started using the Clearblue dual hormone digital ovulation tests (due to varying cycle lengths each month). The instructions say to test urine from after your longest sleep which for me would be at 6.30am when I get up for work, but I've read lots of conflicting information on the internet which says testing too early in the day can miss your LH surge and to test between 10 and 2. And then I've read other things which say test from 2pm onwards!
I'm so confused. I'm desperate for these to help me get pregnant now as we have been trying for ages (an ultrasound and hormone blood tests have shown I'm ovulating but I was on the pill for over 10 years which has screwed up my cycle lengths).
Please can anyone shed some light on this? I would hope the instructions that come with the tests would be accurate!

PrtyPsn Tue 11-Aug-15 08:05:37

Some OPKs stipulate after 10am as apparently the hormone is produce first thing in the morning but CB say FMU.
I'd say go with the instructions of the ones you are using. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now