Talk

Advanced search

My current pet peeve

(4 Posts)
Jellybean100 Mon 10-Aug-15 18:47:11

Recently married so the annoying annoying question on everybody's lips is "are you pregnant yet?". Why is everybody's words of wisdom "don't stress about it" "don't think too much about it"

angry

sizethree Mon 10-Aug-15 20:33:49

I HATE that question so much. It's so rude. They're pretty much asking 'so are you having regular unprotected sex?'.
I kept those questions at bay by saying 'we'd like to start a family but it's not always easy as you might expect'.
I suffered three miscarriages in my first 2 years of marriage, so people did stop asking eventually.

Jellybean100 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:06:05

I really don't know of a suitable answer to the question! My generic answer is "yeah just casually trying at the moment" which I hate, I want to say no we aren't, or mind your own business. But then on the other hand I find my favourite topic of conversation at the moment is menstruation and cycles and ovulation so it's hard to hide really. But please don't tell me to relax, it's easy for you to say as you've already had 2 children!! angry

mascaraisamust Mon 10-Aug-15 21:06:50

So rude isn't it. I wouldn't dream of saying anything!

'it'll be you two next' is mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now