TTC and delaying period

(6 Posts)
middles809 Mon 10-Aug-15 16:31:38

Hi everyone,

Random question, which I know I can ask my GP about, but I thought I'd try here as well... Me and OH have been ttc for 7 months now and we've decided to treat ourselves and go on holiday. However I have looked at the dates and AF will be due for the last 6 days. I don't want to go on the pill again, obvs, but I know you can take medication to delay the start of your period. I appreciate that we would have to not ttc that month, but has anyone taken this sort of thing whilst ttc? How has it affected your cycle? Will a doctor even prescribe it?

Thanks

Ih34rtchocolate Mon 10-Aug-15 17:24:23

I've taken tablets for the exact same reason, more than once, when I wasn't on pill, gp never had any problem prescribing them, but I wasn't ttc at the time...I assume it would throw your cycle out, presumably only for that month but I'm no expert!

middles809 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:19:09

Cool, thank you.

GobblersKnob Mon 10-Aug-15 20:20:26

The prescribed medication will be the pill though?

Junosmum Mon 10-Aug-15 21:02:34

It's called something like noroeostrogen or something. And it works for most people but does mess up your cycle, sometimes for months afterwards.

middles809 Tue 11-Aug-15 07:06:21

That's what I wax afraid of. I came off the pill last September and although my cycle soon sorted itself out, I felt really grotty. The other thing I should mention is that I'm being sent for an internal scan as I think I have cysts or possibly endo. On second thought I might just give the medication a miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now