Talk

Advanced search

Digital pregnancy test underestimating weeks

(13 Posts)
quietlysuggests Sun 09-Aug-15 20:37:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BifsWif Sun 09-Aug-15 20:40:27

Step away from the tests.

You are pregnant. You have no reason to doubt that you are pregnant. Hormone levels vary so greatly between women, you can't rely on a digital test to confirm how far along you are.

I know it's easier said than done, but please don't worry.

quietlysuggests Sun 09-Aug-15 20:45:38

Woobeedoo Sun 09-Aug-15 21:01:30

From what I remember when I did a digital test was that they do underestimate - there should even be small print somewhere on the box telling you this. Something bizarre and WTF like their 1-2 weeks is actually 2-3 weeks in real life.

MummyBex1985 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:06:26

I think the 1-2 weeks is the conception date, so you would actually be 3-4 weeks PG. smile

quietlysuggests Sun 09-Aug-15 21:19:46

LittleMissPear Sun 09-Aug-15 21:34:43

Quietly, I had exactly the same thing and it turned out fine and I have a gorgeous DS who will be one in a couple of weeks. I stopped doing the tests as it was making me feel more stressed and anxious, I never got a 3+ weeks and I had lots of normal tests with varying strengths of lines. I suggest that you stop testing it makes the anxiety worse!

Marshpillow Sun 09-Aug-15 21:49:52

I never got a 3+ reading either, scared the shit out of me but DD is fine and healthy and is 20 weeks old on Tuesday smile

BifsWif Sun 09-Aug-15 22:02:26

I did exactly the same as you.

My line looked fainter one day, did a Clearblue digital that didn't say I was as far along as I should be etc. 11 week old DD is fast asleep right now.

Yes, it may mean something is wrong but there is more chance that everything is fine. Do the other test in a week if you feel you need to, but if you have no other symptoms such as cramping, bleeding etc, try not to worry too much.

quietlysuggests Sun 09-Aug-15 22:05:41

quietlysuggests Sun 09-Aug-15 22:09:01

BifsWif Sun 09-Aug-15 22:23:02

Even dyes from the same batch have different levels of dye in them smile

Try to relax, wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months flowers

Marshpillow Mon 10-Aug-15 11:46:43

The kindest thing you can do for yourself right now is to step away from the tests! Clearblue tests are bastards and have scared many a woman by not showing the correct number of weeks. I know it's so tempting to keep testing though, especially in the early days. Best of luck for the next 8 months! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now