Talk

Advanced search

TTC PCOS??? Advice please?

(4 Posts)
Modestandatinybitsexy Sun 09-Aug-15 12:16:40

Hi all you lovely people. I've been reading over some threads and I'd really like to join one but I'm a little intimidated! Advice over the best one for my situation would be appreciated smile

So, a bit of background.. I'm 26 and TTC #1 for 10 months. First five months were verry relaxed then started to buckle down dtd every 2 days. I wasn't on any birth control before TTC.

Recently my cycle's gone haywire. Three months ago had 40 day cycle then back to my normal 30 day cycle. Currently on day 36. Neg test yesterday but still no sign of AF.

Currently only period tracking, haven't ever used any opks.

I'm just so frustrated and I'm not sure if this is a sign of PCOS. I'm so on tenterhooks from cd29 and its beginning to rule my life. What's wrong with me? sad

Thanks for reading biscuitcakebrew

ZazzlesTheCat Sun 09-Aug-15 20:28:12

Hi modest, other than a couple of longer cycles do you have any other symptoms of PCOS? There's all sorts of reasons why cycles can go a bit weird like stress, exercise, etc so I wouldn't panic yet.
There's loads of really good advice on here on the best time to conceive - dtd a day or two before ovulation is I think giving yourself the best chance, so working out when you actually ovulate is worth it smile

Modestandatinybitsexy Mon 10-Aug-15 06:08:36

Thanks zazzles. I don't want to start testing as I think that will just end up making us feel more pressured. DP hasn't really been in this 100% until now so I don't want to bombard him yet. Though he does love his statistics so I think if he feels the disappointment the way I have been he might want to start trying opks.

I think after reading symptoms you can try and make anything fit. PCOS seems so common on here and since my cycles have been so out of whack for the last six months and I'm overweight I couldn't help but start wondering. Stress could also be a big factor.

Despite intense period pains last night still no sign of AF. I think I'm either going to wait and test again or if AF comes so late again book an appointment with the GP.

Zazzles - Thanks for listening to me whine about this. I know I really should start with the ovulation packs. I might wait and see what the Dr says.

ZazzlesTheCat Mon 10-Aug-15 15:19:55

No worries modest, any time smile

Have you tried monitoring your mucus or BBT to pin point ovulation? I find mucus easier than opks (I'm not using opks yet either!).

My DH is the same - the less he knows the better!

Will be here if you need to talk flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now