Talk

Advanced search

2 m/c & now a chemical preg - where do we go now?

(6 Posts)
BettyHB Sat 08-Aug-15 00:27:50

Hi ladies, looking for some advice on where to go next..
Background: DD1 then m/c at 8 weeks DD 2 then mmc at 13 weeks. Now 4 months after the last m/c I got a bfp a few days ago only to start bleeding today. Did hpt tonight and bfn. Game over for the 3rd time, now it's been twice in a row.
I sort of swallowed the whole "it's just hard luck" after m/c number 2. Now, I feel gutted again but this time believe something is up.
I'm almost 37, blessed to have our 2 dds and want a third baby so badly to complete our family. I genuinely feel tonight that it may not happen and even if I get pregnant again that I will now never expect it to last.
So where do we go I ask? I'm clueless. Do I need to get bloods done? Ultra sound? I've heard progesterone supplements can help but can I just get these based on my history? Why am I miscarrying so much now yet managed to have 2 kids?
Any advice at all appreciated, I'm so low after all of this..
Thank you xx

CarrotVan Sat 08-Aug-15 08:06:17

It's worth a conversation with your GP to see what options are available. There are NHS investigations you can have after three miscarriages bit I'm not sure whether it needs to be three in a row or three in total.

I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time

BettyHB Sat 08-Aug-15 09:18:13

Thanks CarrotVan. I just feel lost at this stage. I've had 2 lletz procedures in the past which made me probe to pre-term labour on dd2. I'm all over the place thinking has that something to do with it, is it my age or God forbid is something more sinister going on ����

MrsKayJay Sat 08-Aug-15 10:25:11

Sorry for your losses :-( I've just had three in a row and am about to start simple, non-scary tests with GP - day 21 progesterone check, husbands sperm check - they'll then take it from there. So worth popping to GP and telling them. It might be three in a row but if you're over 35 and have been trying for a year I think they'll check anyway? flowers

MummyBex1985 Sat 08-Aug-15 11:45:53

I don't have any worthwhile advice for you but I just wanted to say I'm sorry it's been so tough for you.

My neighbour has five MCs but then went on to have three healthy children.

The positive side is that you can get pregnant and you know you can carry babies. It could just be horrendously bad luck that you've had three unviable pregnancies.

You will be fine I'm sure, but speak to the GP if you're worried.

BettyHB Sat 08-Aug-15 19:21:22

Thanks for your advice MrsKayJay and MummyBex1985 and I'm very sorry to hear of your losses MrsKayJay. I know it could be worse. We could be starting out on our ttc journey and going through all these losses as many unfortunately are. I suppose I'm just nervous that nature is trying to tell me to call a halt to it. Our first dd arrived a month early and then our second almost arrived at 27 weeks. So that combined with all the losses has me rattled. I've been reading up on the benefits of progesterone so I'd love to go on that anyway if possible. Who knows, maybe it will help. I've booked in with my GP on Monday. I would love all this to not affect me so much but am a weeping mess today. ��������

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now