Talk

Advanced search

Pickaboo, I see.. Wait, what?

(5 Posts)
Laindon Fri 07-Aug-15 15:47:09

Today is CD 17 of my usual 29 day cycle. I usually ovulate around day 15/16.

However, I have noticed that my CM is completely non fertile today, it's sticky, white and like school glue, yet for the previous 3 days (including my usually ovulation day which would've been CD 16), was complete egg whites and super stretchy!

Why has my CM changed so quickly, overnight (literally). I decided to take a month off OPK's this time round and wanted to be more relaxed. Could it be that I've actually ovulated a lot earlier this month?

I'm taking a ClearBlue ovulation digital later on to see if I get a smiley.

Thank you! x x x

Archduchess Sat 08-Aug-15 08:26:08

Hi Laindon. I've found that, as soon as I have ovulated, my CM dries up completely, overnight. I don't think I even get school glue, although I don't do any probing checks. :-) I suppose it makes sense in a way... From what I've read, the egg degenerates pretty fast, so very soon after ovulation I guess the normal sperm-helping function of the egg white mucus becomes redundant.

So, what you've described sounds to me consistent with your normal timing of ovulating on day 15 or 16. But, is it very out of line with your normal pattern?

Laindon Sat 08-Aug-15 08:39:57

Hiya Archduchess, no it's not I don't believe, if I'm completely honest I can't remember.. Perhaps I was just being extra observant because I was doing any OPK's this month?

Thank you so much anyway!l thanks

Junosmum Sat 08-Aug-15 11:24:47

Sounds to me like you've been rely on OPKs and haven't been tracking your CM as much. I found mine went from fertile to school glue over night and then to nothing, again over night.

I also found my cm much much more reliant than opks.

Junosmum Sat 08-Aug-15 18:12:44

*relying and *reliable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now