Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK?

(12 Posts)
jellybelly85 Fri 07-Aug-15 08:41:54

Hi everyone,

This is the best OPK result I've had for the past month and a bit. It also coincides with when I ^think^ ovulation is happening in my body (I'm recently post-implant and awaiting first proper AF) and I've been having a little bit of cramping...

However the Boots OPK stick instructions say a positive result is "the same colour or darker than" ... my result isn't quite as dark as the control line. Does this mean I'm not having the LR surge?

jellybelly85 Fri 07-Aug-15 08:43:11

*LH surge... doh!

Rememberallball Fri 07-Aug-15 15:28:37

It means its detecting LH but not a peak amount. You may get a stronger line later today or tomorrow

MummyBex1985 Fri 07-Aug-15 15:38:05

I hate OPKs for that reason. Why can't they just make it a line or not a line?! Argh!

Anyway I think the PP is right smile worth DTD and testing again for a couple of days until it's really strong.

zippyswife Fri 07-Aug-15 15:56:30

I have never ever got a line darker than that. I'm now 12 weeks pg with dc3!! I say get on it wink

jellybelly85 Fri 07-Aug-15 16:11:00

Advice taken �� the peak seems to be over to according to OPK today... Fx that I have ovulated and here's to the 2ww!

zippyswife Fri 07-Aug-15 17:09:35

Good luck! Worked for me x

Rememberallball Sat 08-Aug-15 18:52:19

It may be worth participating in the Clearblue opk study - you get one of their opk things, collect urine for 1 complete cycle and the first 7 days of the next, fill in a diary sheet and send everything off to them by freepost. After the study you get a free box if tests and, if you fall pregnant and complete the study, you get shopping vouchers.

I found getting smily faces easier than trying to determine whether test lines were darker than the control line or not!!

jellybelly85 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:11:22

Ooh that sounds interesting. How does one sign up, do you know?

Rememberallball Mon 10-Aug-15 11:08:41

If you do a Google search for it you then fill in an online form and they ring you back within a few days. They then ask eome questions about your cycle etc. If you fit their criteria then they'll send you out a box with all you'll need and clear instructions.

bellybuttonfluffy Mon 10-Aug-15 13:02:17

I went to sign up for the clearblue study, but you had to store urine in the fridge for a week at a time before taking it to be posted off. Put me right off!

Rememberallball Mon 10-Aug-15 15:08:33

It's stored in a pot sealed with a childproof lid and then has this stuff round the edge to further prevent spill ages. Then it's in a small plastic bag and in a click and lock box. We stored it in the vegetable drawer (which we usually only use for soft drink cans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now