Talk

Advanced search

Of course, now I have Altern8's 1992 rave track EVAPOR8 in my head...

(9 Posts)
neutronflow Tue 04-Aug-15 12:07:22

(MNer in the days of 2007/8/9-ish, back once again under new name...)

When I was pregnant with my ds, I got two dark purple lines the day of my missed period. Of course, I was 30 back then. And with the man who is now my ex husband.

Fast forward eight years (eight! How is ds eight?!) and I've been trying for number two with my lovely dh of a year (no children of his own). We've been trying about six months, although at first it was more of a "let's see what happens", and so far to no avail.

Well, Sunday af was due but didn't arrive, so I tested. One of those really cheap "freedom" tests, £1 for two. Negative. Monday morning, however... it seemed negative at first, but after just over ten minutes I went back and there was a faint, but light purple, second line. I was a bit flummoxed; why didn't it show up straight away? Was it possible to get a false positive?

And then I found out about evaporation lines. And yesterday evening, did a Boots test... negative, within the 10 minutes testing time, but after that, a thin blue line did develop. I can't help but wonder what the chances are of having an evaporation line develop just after testing, TWICE. Any ideas?

I'm planning to test again first thing tomorrow morning, but it's hard waiting. I have quite a few worries about giving birth again as I had a very difficult time with ds, and the sooner I can find out the better.

Quite a few new smileys since last time I was here... time for a brew!

neutronflow Wed 05-Aug-15 09:02:11

Last night another Boots test. The faintest second line in the world appeared before the time was up. So faint I had to get DH to look, to be sure I wasn't losing my mind. He saw it too, in the same place I saw it, though so, so, so pale it almost wasn't there.

I'm not going to test today but wait until tomorrow morning. Unless AF turns up before then. A friend of mine said I could have anemia and this could cause the late period and feeling slightly odd, too. But presumably this wouldn't cause a faint-as-anything second line on a test.

RoseBud2015 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:03:43

Hi,

I don't have any answers for you but I just wondered how you got on? It might be worth trying a more reliable test like a FRER.
Good luck!

RoseBud2015 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:05:57

XPost! Good luck for tomorrow!

neutronflow Thu 06-Aug-15 09:49:10

Thanks RoseBud2015! Well, this morning, at four in the morning to be exact, as ds was up being sick (I suspect a minor bug), I tested again. A faint second line, though not as faint as the last one.

So I'm thinking - cautiously - that this is no evaporation line - but I am wondering why, now four days after AF was due, it's still so faint; that does concern me a tad! Because I'm older? Because the pregnancy is less healthy? Argh!

neutronflow Fri 07-Aug-15 10:42:39

Tested again this morning, still not as dark as the control line, but definitely darker than yesterday. Fingers crossed it keeps getting darker.

neutronflow Mon 10-Aug-15 08:54:44

Yep, a BFP. smile

diploddycus Mon 10-Aug-15 08:58:53

Yey! Congratulations flowers

neutronflow Mon 10-Aug-15 09:28:48

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now