Talk

Advanced search

Suspected implantation bleed but BFNs

(8 Posts)
Stargirl80 Mon 03-Aug-15 08:05:36

Morning ladies

Not sure what I'm going to achieve by posting but feel like I need to vent. We've been ttc for a few months and I finally thought we'd made it happen.

I am usually like clockwork on a 28 day cycle and AF was due on 1st August. A whole week early I started to bleed very lightly and nothing like a normal period for me, lasted 2 days then stopped. I also had some slight cramping. Obviously got my hopes up and thought it could be IB. Tested about 3 days before AF was due and got BFN.

Thought I'd just been too eager so waited a bit longer before testing again. In the meantime I had twinges and sore boobs. Was away over the weekend when AF was due so waited till the 2nd (day after due) and got another BFN. Not even a faint line.

That was yesterday and this morning I'm feeling so low I could cry. Still got slight twinges and my boobs feel strange, like I'm very aware of my nipples and my boobs are still tender.

I've given up hope of a BFP and now have to just wait for AF to make an appearance to get back on track, although I have no idea when it's going to happen. Our bodies are so cruel to us sometimes sad

I know there's others out there who have gone through the same or worse, lots of love to you all xx

MummyBex1985 Mon 03-Aug-15 08:19:31

Hi, I'm in the same boat. Very light spotting at exactly the sort of time you'd expect an implantation bleed, but then a BFN.

Still waiting for AF.

Frustrating isn't it - at least when AF comes you know you can start again, but the limbo is awful where you're still clinging onto that shred of hope!

I didn't test as +ve until I was two weeks late with DD though so I just keep telling myself if I test again in a few days it might be okay!

smellsofelderberries Mon 03-Aug-15 08:21:02

Could you have ovulated late this cycle? Are you charting at all?

Stargirl80 Mon 03-Aug-15 08:44:10

Not charting as I've been through TTC with my ex (thankfully didn't happen as we're no longer together) and was using a CBFM, but it turned sex into something practical rather than loving and romantic.

Thanks MummyBex... Always nice to know someone else is in the same boat! Keep me posted and I'll let you know what happens. If no sign of AF in a week or so and symptoms continue I might be brave and test again xx

Stargirl80 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:01:32

So AF is now 7 days late. I've had sore boobs, cramps and slight nausea all week. Tested again just now with FMU and got another BFN! hmm

Oysterbabe Sat 08-Aug-15 08:49:29

Maybe you had an odd, early and very light period and are now in a new cycle? It happened to me once. I assume I didn't ovulate that month which can happen from time to time.

Stargirl80 Sat 08-Aug-15 09:14:07

Could be. Just don't understand why I've got the sore boobs etc as I never get anything like that until a day or so before AF is due. If it carries on a for a whole month it'll be awful. Would prefer for AF to just get on with it and make an appearance! x

Stargirl80 Sat 08-Aug-15 22:24:51

AF finally showed up. At least I can hopefully get back on track now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now