Talk

Advanced search

is anyone else trying to shorten their cycle?

(3 Posts)
SaveMeTheWaltz Fri 31-Jul-15 09:09:16

Since a mmc in January, my cycle seems to have settled at 38-40 days, generally ovulating around day 25. Just come to the end of our fifth unsuccessful cycle of ttc, and am wondering if shortening my cycle length would improve our chances.

We have / had two DCs that were both conceived on the first attempt, and on cycles that must have been around 33 days. Sadly DC2 died during delivery, and we have been trying to conceive again with no luck (apart from the pregnancy that miscarried, obviously). This was almost fifteen months ago. Blood tests have all come back normal.

In terms of trying to shorten my cycle, I have been having acupuncture for the last three months, but the only effect of that seems to have been horrible pain around ovulation and really awful hormonal mood swings (I have never previously suffered from PMT or similar).

I am a normal weight (low end of healthy BMI), exercise regularly (yoga and cycling) and eat healthy, if a little over reliant on coffee and chocolate at times. I am thinking of ditching caffeine for the next cycle (apparently caffeine can inhibit ovulation) - has anyone else had any luck with doing that? And has anyone else come across any other methods of shortening overly long cycles?

honeysucklejasmine Fri 31-Jul-15 09:13:10

I am so sorry for your loss. flowers

I think some people use soy isoflavenes to bring ovulation forward, thus shortening cycles, but I don't really know much more about it. Apparently there's lots of research available if you want to read up on it.

Southy84 Fri 31-Jul-15 10:06:00

I'm so sorry to hear about how tough your journey has been and for your losses flowers

I don't have lots of knowledge I'm afraid, however my cycles vary and are normally anywhere between 30 and have been as long as 38 days. I recently started reflexology and not only is it the most relaxing thing I do but last month my cycle was 25 days (the shortest it's ever been), this month is my second month of having reflexology and my reflexologist said that my cycle should even itself out, I'm currently cd24 so not entirely sure whether it's worked but have heard from others that it's sorted their cycles out. Hoping it will make me more regular and as its only once a month and £25 I don't feel like I'm breaking the bank. Maybe worth a go? I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know what happens to me this month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now