Talk

Advanced search

Is it too late to use ovulation test

(4 Posts)
lilygirl81 Mon 27-Jul-15 16:09:09

I'm going out of my mind today. I was trying to stay calm and be relaxed about ttc, but today I'm all over the place. I had EWCM and slight cramping yesterday, and no cm but still some cramping today. I'm not sure if I've ov really early yesterday at cd11 or if it's on its way. If I got a test on my way home, could I test later, or have I probably left it too late.
Going to pounce on DH anyway just in case, but would prefer to know...

jellybelly85 Tue 28-Jul-15 07:22:18

Most OPKs suggest you test between 10am and 8pm - with early afternoon often cited as the best time. Best to read the pack though as some are first pee in the morning... I wouldn't worry too much though. Its quite possible to be ov - so pounce away!

MummyBex1985 Tue 28-Jul-15 08:14:53

My OV tests are designed to confirm ovulation before it happens, so if you've already OVd then it wouldn't show a positive.

Plus from what I've read they aren't always completely accurate. Just don't get disheartened of its a negative, you could have already OVd smile

lilygirl81 Tue 28-Jul-15 09:03:52

Had to get home quickly last night so couldn't go get a test, but definitely think I will be getting some for cycle #2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now