Talk

Advanced search

Can ky jelly stop you getting pregnant?

(4 Posts)
gossipgirl81 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:46:44

Hi there, I have been using ky jelly for the last 5 months or so whilst ttc.
I still haven't got pregnant, but I am wondering now if the lubricant I use is effecting things? Surely it wouldn't stop me from getting pregnant?

I am feeling a bit disappointed as I am thinking I have wasted the last 5 months by using the jelly. I am going to buy pre seed or Conceive Plus from now on. Can anyone shed any light on this? Have any of you ever got pregnant using ky jelly?

Oysterbabe Sat 25-Jul-15 10:54:36

It will reduce your chances of conceiving because it inhibits the sperm's motility unfortunately.

ChaircatMiaow Sat 25-Jul-15 10:56:39

KY jelly is absolutely NOT a contraceptive so will not stop you from getting pregnant.

Preseed allegedly helps the boys swim better. I got pregnant while using preseed but TBH I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or not. I suspect it's just another one of those products designed to prey on the vulnerabilities of couples TTC.

It takes many couples between 6-12 months to conceive so try not to worry. You can stop worrying about KY jelly having wasted your time though as this is highly unlikely to be the case smile

battenberg123 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:59:45

No it doesn't stop you getting pregnant. I conceived using boots own branded lube! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now