Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
fhdl34 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:26:47

I started miscarrying 3 weeks ago today, and stopped bleeding a week ago. I did 2 pregnancy tests last weekend to confirm there was no hcg left, both negative plus my last blood test also confirmed my levels had completely dropped.
Today I had some pain on the right hand side of my abdomen and I wondered if I might be ovulating again already? I thought i couldn't be but went to track it on my fertility friend app and noticed that if this were a normal cycle for me (I know it isn't) I could well be ovulating (I have irregular cycles and don't always ovulate but when I do it is usually between day 18-22 and today is day 19 counting from when the full bleeding started).
Has anyone else ovulated this soon after miscarriage? I usually tell by my CM when I am ovulating so will keep an eye over the next couple of days, just interested in other people's experiences

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 24-Jul-15 22:32:07

Hi sorry to hear about your miscarriage. With my 1st miscarriage (which was a natural one at 8 weeks ie no medical treatment needed) I ovulated 2 weeks after and conceived again. Unfortunately I miscarried again at 11 weeks which I think is pretty unusual, in having 2 miscarriages back to back.

fhdl34 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:38:44

Thanks for replying, I am sorry for your losses. I needed no treatment either, by the time my early scan came there was nothing left so I didn't need any treatment.
We dtd last night so I will keep a close eye on my CM and test if necessary after 2-3 weeks (for some reason pregnancy tests come up negative if I test on my period due date so I have to wait a while). I want to be pregnant again but apprehensive as well that I may miscarry again.

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 25-Jul-15 07:08:30

Wishing you all the best with ttc this month. Try and stay positive (I know this is near impossible after a miscarriage).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now