Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ovulation after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
fhdl34 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:26:47

I started miscarrying 3 weeks ago today, and stopped bleeding a week ago. I did 2 pregnancy tests last weekend to confirm there was no hcg left, both negative plus my last blood test also confirmed my levels had completely dropped.
Today I had some pain on the right hand side of my abdomen and I wondered if I might be ovulating again already? I thought i couldn't be but went to track it on my fertility friend app and noticed that if this were a normal cycle for me (I know it isn't) I could well be ovulating (I have irregular cycles and don't always ovulate but when I do it is usually between day 18-22 and today is day 19 counting from when the full bleeding started).
Has anyone else ovulated this soon after miscarriage? I usually tell by my CM when I am ovulating so will keep an eye over the next couple of days, just interested in other people's experiences

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 24-Jul-15 22:32:07

Hi sorry to hear about your miscarriage. With my 1st miscarriage (which was a natural one at 8 weeks ie no medical treatment needed) I ovulated 2 weeks after and conceived again. Unfortunately I miscarried again at 11 weeks which I think is pretty unusual, in having 2 miscarriages back to back.

fhdl34 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:38:44

Thanks for replying, I am sorry for your losses. I needed no treatment either, by the time my early scan came there was nothing left so I didn't need any treatment.
We dtd last night so I will keep a close eye on my CM and test if necessary after 2-3 weeks (for some reason pregnancy tests come up negative if I test on my period due date so I have to wait a while). I want to be pregnant again but apprehensive as well that I may miscarry again.

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 25-Jul-15 07:08:30

Wishing you all the best with ttc this month. Try and stay positive (I know this is near impossible after a miscarriage).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: