Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long do you have a positive after a miscarriage?

(4 Posts)
d1157230986361b000875 Thu 23-Jul-15 17:21:45

I miscarried 2 weeks ago at 8+2, the second time in 7 months.

First time I had a d+c and had complications during and after surgery, so this time I felt it was better to let my body miscarry naturally. I bleed heavy for four days and it lasted about a week (less than with a d + c). I was told to take a test 2 weeks later.
I took a test 10 days later and there was 2 faint lines, I decided to wait until 14 days and it is positive with 2 really dark lines.

I don't think I can be pregnant again, although we have dtd a few times since I stopped bleeding. Is this just old hormones still? I really hate my body at the moment, she's giving me such confusing signals sad
I just really want to be pregnant!
Shall call the hospital and see what they suggest. Just want to see if other people have gone through similar things, feel so lost and confused right now.

5hell Thu 23-Jul-15 17:51:13

so sorry for you loss OP
I mc'd in april and also allowed it to occur naturally. it took ~7 weeks from the start of my mc to get a negative pg test.
I expect the hosiptal will tell you to test again in another week or two, but they may do a blood hcg test to check it's falling. maybe best to call them anyway to reassure you and be certain of the best course of action.
good luck x

justkeeponsmiling Thu 23-Jul-15 17:58:44

So sorry for your loss, how awful for you flowers
I work on an EPU and we usually advise people to use contraception if they DTD before a negative preg test for this reason - please contact your hospital so they can check you over and monitor you if need be. Very best wishes to you

d1157230986361b000875 Thu 23-Jul-15 18:15:07

Thank you for your lovely replies. I don't think I am pregnant again, it's too early. And I hope it's just my hormones still and that nothing is left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now