Talk

Advanced search

Completely bonkers? Want to buy stuff before I'm even ttc. Because, you know, it's sales time!

(8 Posts)
BelleinLondon Thu 23-Jul-15 00:15:27

just that, really. Will ttc next year, and have suddenly found myself shopping for maternity clothes, cute baby things... It never gets past the online trolley, mind. But am I crazy or do you all have secret shopping habits (or at least dreams) too? x

PrtyPsn Thu 23-Jul-15 10:15:10

I've been buying for about a year, TTC for 4ish months lol! And no, I'm not pg... yet!
Only because there were some super bargains and we have been saving money since we started thinking about TTC 2 years ago (a small step that was easily redirected if we decided not to!)
I also got into the habit of throwing in a bottle of baby shampoo or a pack of wipes into my weekly shop as maternity pay sucks and we will really struggle once my wage drops, makes sense to stock up on bits while we have got the cash and we don't really miss it for the sake of an extra item in the trolley.

Oysterbabe Thu 23-Jul-15 10:20:54

I would never have done this, it would just be too sad if it never happened for us eventually getting rid of it all.

mrsstickll Thu 23-Jul-15 11:03:36

I fantasy shop all the time, I can't actually bring myself to buy anything because there is a part of me that worries it may never happen for me, maybe the dog wants a new blankie though lol

lilygirl81 Thu 23-Jul-15 15:26:59

You should see my eBay watch list!! All maternity and baby things, but not bought any yet. Also been looking at some of the sales as well. I've never had a successful pregnancy, but each time I have got really bloated, so in maternity things or elasticated waistbands at least very quickly. Glad it's not just me (we have been ttc for all of 6 days...)

MrsLeighHalfpenny Thu 23-Jul-15 15:28:18

Don't. You don't know if you CAN conceive, and it will be heartbreaking to have to get rid of stuff you might not want at a later date.

sizethree Thu 23-Jul-15 16:42:55

Just be aware that if you struggle to conceive or suffer a loss in pregnancy it'd be pretty heartbreaking having it all lurking in the house. (Speaking from experience here.)
Maybe start an Amazon wishlist / Pinterest board and open a savings account, and if things don't work out the way you'd like, blow the bucks on a holiday.
There is always always offers on stuff.
The journey may be tougher than you expect.

Rememberallball Thu 23-Jul-15 19:46:57

I have a few things that I've collected over the year we've been ttc. The things I've bought can all be passed sold on if things don't happen for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now