Period type bleeding - pregnancy definitely ruled out?

(9 Posts)
Bangonthedoor Mon 20-Jul-15 22:59:28

So the only possible occasion where I could have conceived would have been the 20th June. I had my period around 2 weeks later when it was due and it resembled a normal period for me, fairly heavy and got lighter towards the end. I didn't think anything else of it until now.

I've been feeling very off and unwell the last week ish. Just ignored it as I'm always tired. But this evening whilst I was in the shower I thought I might book an app with the doctors because something just isn't right (pregnancy obviously not being on my mind because of my period) .....then I started to piece together my symptoms - the all too familiar symptoms of early pregnancy.

Now, I suppose what I'm asking is has anyone ever had period like bleeding when pregnant? It wasn't light so wouldn't be anything like implantation bleeding. I know I'll just have to take a test if things continue but I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced this?

Thanks in advance smile

tigerbear Mon 20-Jul-15 23:02:44

Yes, definitely had this before. First time resulted in an mc I'm afraid to say. Second time around (exactly a year later, weirdly), the bleeding was really heavy, almost clots, yet I felt strangely that I was pregnant. I was, and despite the heavy bleeding at the beginning (and very light spotting about 6 months in), I had DD, who is now 4!

Good luck - things can work out well!

AfroPuffs Mon 20-Jul-15 23:04:30

Yes i did....and i have a lovely ds to show for it! grin

Bangonthedoor Mon 20-Jul-15 23:11:40

Oh thanks to both of you smile

Not the responses I thought I was going to get, I didn't think it was possible!

Well as I'm going to town tomorrow I might just pick up a test then I'll know for sure either way. We haven't planned another as my youngest is only 5 months! Maybe my body is still just trying to get back to normal.

BabyBumpHopeful Mon 20-Jul-15 23:22:53

It's definitely possible. I know a few women who had "break through bleeds" which is why even after a period I take a pregnancy test just to make sure.

Good luck!

tigerbear Mon 20-Jul-15 23:33:29

Oh gosh, if you're only 5 months post birth, I'd definitely say its your body trying to get back to normal. It can take a while for periods to even out... You never know, though, so good luck for the test!!

Bangonthedoor Wed 22-Jul-15 09:06:39

Didn't bother getting a test as didn't want to waste my money! I'll just await my next period smile

sebsmummy1 Wed 22-Jul-15 09:09:12

I would test just incase. I did get this and I was pregnant, but it was t viable and my numbers peaked at 200. Man it dragged on and on though! Do definitely test though as a period then a pos test can end up being ectopic, that's the bit that worried me and I got my arse down the doctors.

sebsmummy1 Wed 22-Jul-15 09:10:42

You can get two strip tests for £1 at Poundland or a decent test at Tesco for £3.50. Please don't try and save such a small amount of money, just test and make sure it's negative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now