Talk

Advanced search

Metformin, depression anyone?

(3 Posts)
GreenEggs8Ham Mon 20-Jul-15 12:48:51

Been ttc for 2 years, put on Metformin for PCOS in Dec & Infofolic in May. I struggle with anxiety, but have really noticed that I get horribly down before AF. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant this month, as felt really weepy and down over the weekend. Has anyone else had this on metformin or Infofolic? Any tips to try to head it off? My poor DH had a horrible weekend because I was so down (not helped by his best friend's surprise preg announcement) and I'm just really hoping it is a medication side effect rather than sliding into real depression.

Turquoisetamborine Mon 20-Jul-15 13:04:39

I've been on metformin for three years and can't say it's caused any depression. I was put on it because of secondary infertility which obviously made me very sad.
As soon as our second round of ivf worked, the sadness lifted so I don't think if had anything to do with the metformin.

GreenEggs8Ham Mon 20-Jul-15 13:09:14

Quite possibly could be situational - feel naturally very sad. I just wonder if the Infofolic supplement might be making things more intense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now