Talk

Advanced search

testing 6 days before af?

(7 Posts)
gabrielle1201 Mon 20-Jul-15 09:46:13

can anyone recommend any tests i could use to test early. I used a Clear Blue with weeks indicator n it came up negative(thought your supposed to test 4 days before) Could it be the test and should i try another test or would i be better waiting? I am 10//11 DPO -- Day 25//26 out of 31 in my cycle.

Tysmile

gabrielle1201 Mon 20-Jul-15 09:52:57

I took the test yesterday FWI.

Oysterbabe Mon 20-Jul-15 09:56:14

Wait until AF is due, there is no point in testing early it can gives false negatives and just causes heartache. If you wait until you're due on at least you can usually trust the result.

5hell Mon 20-Jul-15 10:28:20

gabrielle it's much less agonising overall to wait...squinty faint lines or bfns are more frustrating than just waiting and hoping i think. the longer you can wait the stronger the line will be.
i'm at a very similar point in my cycle and wont be testing until at least friday (if AF stays away)

FWIW, once you're late: digitals generally seem less sensitive; FRERs are the best; choose pink dye over blue where possible

good luck, stay strong!

gabrielle1201 Mon 20-Jul-15 10:40:51

FRERS? what are they lol well my AF is due on or around 26th so would it be better to wait it out then until then or test earlier?

ty good luck to you, hope you get your BFP!

5hell Mon 20-Jul-15 10:57:54

sorry! FRER = first response early result - just a brand of test that's known to be nice and sensitive and clear to read.

unless you need to know for some reason, eg want to go out on a massive drinking sesh, or take some medication that isn't recommended when pg, i would wait until the 26th (or later if you can)

thanks gab, been ttc since jan - had a bfp in april but misccarried, keeping fingers crossed although i know a bfp will stress me out with mc worry!

gabrielle1201 Mon 20-Jul-15 11:04:35

Im just after having a baby in April, been ttc ever since would like them close together but i mean its hard i had been trying for 1 year near enough and its frustrating and costly. Let me know hoe you get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now