Talk

Advanced search

What made you realise you were ready for a baby?

(8 Posts)
Roobix04 Sun 19-Jul-15 10:09:32

I had a clear moment of yes now I want a baby before we conceived dd and now I'm confused about wanting a second.
This is how it happened with dd. We went away for our anniversary and weren't as careful with contraceptives as we should have been. Two weeks later and my period was a day late. By the fifth day I'd gone from being freaked out to being excited. I bought a test to take the next day but when I woke up my period had started. I cried all day then gave myself a shake and told dp I wanted a baby. Two periods later and I was pregnant.
The problem is that's a pretty extreme and irresponsible way of deciding if you're ready for a baby. I've been feeling broody lately but there's been no obvious extreme moment of yes I want a baby.
So I'm asking how did you know you were ready?

Whathaveilost Sun 19-Jul-15 10:14:40

I looked at my age and worked out how old I would be with an 18 year old, then thought it would be another couple of years to have a 2nd child maybe.
Although I was 29 at the time and it doesn't seem THAT old now I'd made me get a move on DS was born when I was 31 and DS 2 when I was 34.

Wished I'd started sooner. There was no reason why I couldn't!

Superlovely Sun 19-Jul-15 10:15:32

Morning sickness!

Roobix04 Sun 19-Jul-15 10:17:47

Super grin
Age is the reason dp was ready. He always wanted to be a dad before 30 and dd was born 3 months before is thirtieth birthday. I'm only 26.

Dayc Sun 19-Jul-15 10:19:29

I think finding out my sister was pregnant with her second made me realize I really want my daughter to have a sibling. And I suppose I felt 'no time like the present'. Ttc number 2 for 5 months now.

Bellebella Sun 19-Jul-15 10:23:41

We want another baby, for us we both had siblings at ds's age and we always imagined he would have a sibling like us to grow up with.

However circumstances right now mean we can't so as soon as my back is sorted(due a op) and I settled into a new job for a while(more money!) then I think we will start trying.

Junosmum Sun 19-Jul-15 10:33:30

I wasn't OH was ready, we talked about it. I wasn't thrilled about the prospect but felt if not now then when. Came off the pill, went to see friends with a 1 year old, decided I definitely wasn't ready, booked a holiday for Peru 6 months later only to find out I was pregnant 2 weeks later. I'm now very happy I'm pregnant though.

So to answer your question, a clear blue digital with conception indicator did!

Roobix04 Sun 19-Jul-15 12:10:51

I do think I'm ready. It's all I'm thinking about. My ddad is staying with us at the moment so I've not had a chance to ask dp how he feels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now