Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Petrified of not being able to get pregnant

(3 Posts)
jessicaf23 Sat 18-Jul-15 23:43:29

I was diagnosed with PCOS 11 years ago when I was 14 years old my periods are all over the place I was told to go on Yasmin but that made my periods dissapear I haven't had one in over 5 months my boyfriend and I are getting serious now despite not being together for long and we want to wait before we have children he knows of my problems but I am honestly so scared I haven't had a period in so long my gynacoligist isn't worried I won't be able to have children he said I should be able too even with help but its still a scary thought I am 25 years old I work as a nanny so I love children I always have ever since I was a child

Has anyone been in the same situation where you had no periods for a long time and managed to get pregnant naturally? I want to avoid IVF if possible not only is it expensive but its also very painful

PLEASE help I am getting into such a panic now about it thank you

peardrop2 Sun 19-Jul-15 00:14:22

Hi Jessica, luckily for you I just stumbled across your post. Before I conceived my son I was on Yasmin for many years. When I came off it to fall pregnant I didn't get a period for 4 months and then I fell pregnant with my son. I was very worried because most people on here (Mn) got their periods back after coming off the pill but I didn't. Interestingly 2 years later and It's taking me a while to conceive my second child (still haven't yet). I didn't go back on the pill but I have been breastfeeding which also messes with your hormones. I've started taking some herbal pills to balance out my hormones (called Agnus Cactus). I have no idea whether they work but thought I'd give it a go. Anyway, I believe after you've been on the pill that it is time. If you want to know whether you ovulate then you could always invest in some cheap internet ovulation tests that cost about £4 for 30 tests. If you're getting a positive result then I really wouldn't worry but if you're not getting a positive result then you could go back to your doctor and say that you've done the tests and it's not showing that you've ovulated so you would like them to look into it further as it is worrying you regarding your future.

peardrop2 Sun 19-Jul-15 00:18:52

Just to re-cap what I said...I really think it's just a matter of time for your periods to return and you will get your period back in no time. Since you're not ready to have a baby just yet I would give it 6 more months before going back to the doctor. The pill is a strong drug to some of us and it can take a while to get out of your system as it did with me! Hope I've helped smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now