bfp or not?

(7 Posts)
Hullabaloo9 Fri 17-Jul-15 19:53:45

Please see what you think because im going mad here. I will try and be brief and explain...

Dp and I have been ttc for over a year. My last period started 28th june. I tested positive on opk 7th july. Dtd that day and the next.

9th I had spotting, very unusual for me. This progressed to bleeding enough to require a pad but not as much as a period. Since first positive opk the tests stayed very positive for over a week.

I took a hpt on 14th july and it was positive. Clearly its too early for it to show, less than 2 weeks since lmp. Next day another pos. Dr on 16th tested neg. Today I tested again myself and got a positive, feint but clearly there.

I dont know what to think. Bleeding still happening but not heavy or clots. No pain. Sore boobs and tired and weak feeling. I know its really a case of wait and see but im going crazy. Any advice welcome x

BabyBumpHopeful Fri 17-Jul-15 20:20:06

Did you have a blood test at the doctor or another urine HPT?

If you did a blood test and it was negative, you're not pregnant and you have a batch of faulty tests (which is a LOT of faulty tests).

If it was a urine HPT they could have tested with one with less sensitivity which means you aren't pregnant enough for it to show up yet.

Or it could be that you were pregnant but it was a chemical pregnancy.

Hullabaloo9 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:44:47

Thanks for your reply. The dr just did a urine test. I had heard that the tests the dr uses are less sensitive, hence my re testing today.
I am confused mostly about why I would test positive so very early.
I am scared to get excited because im swaying towards a chemical pregnancy x

Hullabaloo9 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:47:24

Also the tests I took were 3 different brands from different shops.

BabyBumpHopeful Sat 18-Jul-15 06:50:23

Some tests are very sensitive, some aren't (like Clearblue) ... like this thread lists: community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a726605/sensitivity_of_pregnancy_tests

So you can see the test really vary in sensitivity. You're 11DPO. Some women get positives at 10DPO, occasionally earlier too! Wait a couple more days and try a clearblue with weeks indicator (those are pretty low sensitivity). OR just wait another week or so and go back to the doc.

Sounds promising to me. Congratulations!

MrsPCR Sat 18-Jul-15 08:17:41

You can implant from 7 days, then it takes another couple of days for HCG to show therefore you could be pregnant and showing on a test this early.

Fingers crossed for your BFP but it's looking hopeful to me. And yes, doctors are reknown for having less sensitive tests. Also at the doctors, I assume it wasn't FMU, so it might have been too dilute by then.

Hullabaloo9 Sat 18-Jul-15 15:28:38

Thanks for your replies.Im trying not to get my hopes up too much. I guess its a waiting game. Fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now