Talk

Advanced search

Hcg trigger shots = how long before they left your system?

(13 Posts)
Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Thu 16-Jul-15 07:47:38

Howdy y'all. Had my first hcg trigger shot this cycle and just realised this morning that the hcg must surely hang around your system for a while, which means an hpt would pick it up? hmm Has anyone experimented with poas to see when it becomes negative on a home test? Still a while to wait for me but have been wondering when I would be able to test "safely" before knowing that a bfp is a real bfp rather than a false positive from the trigger. The clinic told me to come in for a blood test at 14dpo (16 days post trigger shot) if AF hasn't shown yet but if she stays away I think I would find it hard not to poas in the mean time. grin

starsandmoonandback Thu 16-Jul-15 07:52:22

You should be fine to poas after 16 days post trigger shot. That would make it 14dpo. One of the clinics I went to made me test on 14dpo. The other on 16dpo. Good luck smile

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Thu 16-Jul-15 08:02:42

Thanks for the luck stars. I'm taking it and burying it in a hole in the backyard so it won't go missing.
Guessing the clinics are always cautious re testing days. hmm

starsandmoonandback Thu 16-Jul-15 08:08:22

Good plan for the luck smile
Yeah, some clinics make people wait 18/19 dpo!! shock I have got a bfp on 14dpo and 11dpo on 2 cycles (so trigger shot gone!) but I'd advise waiting until at least 12-14 if you can!

starsandmoonandback Thu 16-Jul-15 08:09:02

Ps. Was your trigger shot one or two injections?

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Thu 16-Jul-15 08:23:55

Just one and unfortunately I never checked the dose either because I am a numpty. hmm I'm loathe to phone the clinic and look stupid by asking how much it was.

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Thu 16-Jul-15 08:24:39

Actually interesting that you get the bfp at 11dpo and that the trigger was gone by that time. muses

starsandmoonandback Thu 16-Jul-15 08:46:09

It was a cycle I couldn't resist testing early blush it was a very feint line though...also turned out to be a blighted ovum so wasn't a successful outcome, so I would definitely advise waiting a bit longer if you can...so much better to get a nice string line to start with!!

starsandmoonandback Thu 16-Jul-15 08:46:39

*strong

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Thu 16-Jul-15 10:14:31

A-aah sorry about that little ovum, stars.
I kind of didn't want to "start" the testing but high-ho I've just done a pink-dye hpt I had left over from last month to check hcg level post trigger as scientific experiment. Only 6dpo/8dpt so if positive it would still be the hcg. Not FMU but figured I had been holding for three hours so should be okay. Yeah?
waits
makes tea
Wee-ee-ell, looks negative to me so hoping that means the hcg is totally out of my system. Might have not been given a high dose then if it is already all out? Makes me think of asking for a higher dose next cycle if this one is another fail. hmm

starsandmoonandback Thu 16-Jul-15 17:58:48

Looks like it's gone! As long as the trigger makes you ovulate and you got good number of eggs, I don't think you have to worry. I had two only once I was private not NHS!! But I was also getting a bit older by then too! So maybe needed more! Lol. So, I'm thinking you'll be testing every day now? winkwink

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Fri 17-Jul-15 12:29:25

Hah! No. I'm going to wait until at least 11dp. Yes. I will. I sha-aaa-aall!

starsandmoonandback Fri 17-Jul-15 13:47:26

Ok...keep me posted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now