Talk

Advanced search

Am I overthinking or imagining things???

(6 Posts)
cearstaidh Wed 15-Jul-15 13:15:04

I'm new to all this but very excited about trying. I can't figure out if I'm over thinking normal things that happen in my body, or if it is possible I'm pregnant...
I have just come off the pill(took my last one on 30th June) I started my period on the Saturday - 4th July which was over by the Wednesday. We did the deed Thursday.
I noticed very dark red spotting on Friday and Saturday (assumed it was my body adjusting to lack of the pill).
Since Saturday I've had sore boobs(put that down to cycling without a sports bra)
I've been totally knackered (we've been busy)
I was feeling dizzy and light headded on monday (thought I was maybe coming down with a cold)
Tuesday I had a really sore head and pains in my stomach
Today I'm feeling pretty queezey and sick, and my snese of smell has gone into overdrive (along with all the previous symptoms).

Is it possible I'm pregnant already? I'd thought I wasn't supposed to be ovulatiing until tomorrow-Sunday (going on a 'normal' 28 day cycle). I can't remember what my cycle was likebefore the pill but I think it was fairly regular, 24-28 days. It's obviously too early to test... but when should I be testing? And is it even possible I could have cncieved so close to ending my period?

Oysterbabe Wed 15-Jul-15 13:47:08

I would say it's very, very unlikely that you're pregnant and showing symptoms 11 days after your period started. My body took ages to get back to normal after the pill so it's probably that. Keep DTD in case you haven't ovulated yet.
Wait at least 2 weeks and test.

ImperialBlether Wed 15-Jul-15 13:54:20

The thing is, if you hadn't read a big list of pregnancy symptoms, would you have noticed this?

Keep having sex, eating well, no drinking and use an ovulation predictor test and best of luck!

cearstaidh Wed 15-Jul-15 15:28:22

Thank you for your responses. I did think I was probably overacting! Will definitely keep DTD! :-)

It's possible you ovulated very soon after stopping the pill, and the period was a simple withdrawal bleed as you would usually have on your pill-free week, unrelated to ovulation.

Would be rather soon to be showing symptoms though! Best of luck with your TTC smile

PrtyPsn Wed 15-Jul-15 16:06:35

If it was POP (mini pill) then it's well known for mimicking pregancy when stopped. Regardless of what pill it was though, it can take your body a while to adjust back, as other posters has said - just keep at it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now