Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Temping and shift work

(3 Posts)
Ashley2015 Mon 13-Jul-15 23:23:27

So I'm on my first month ttc, we're a lesbian couple and a friend is donating sperm. I'm using ic's and the clearblue digital to track O but I'm finding they're giving me conflicting results! Very frustrating especially as I have an irregular cycle and can't just dtd every other day. Anyway I want to start temping next cycle if this one is unsuccessful but don't know how accurate it will be or when to do it what with working a mixture of 12 hour days and night shifts. My waking up times are either 05.30, 09.00 or 16.30 Any advice?!

MagpieCursedTea Mon 13-Jul-15 23:33:25

I managed temping with shift work. I found as long as I kept the thermometer on my bedside table and took my temp as soon as my alarm went off or I woke up then the results were pretty accurate.
Good luck!

MrsPCR Wed 15-Jul-15 06:55:01

I'm awful at sleeping through and would take temp anytime betweern 4am and 9am at weekends. Although quite a rocky graph, there was still a clear shift. I keep my thermometer under my pillow. I also temp vaginally as this is more accurate. My temps were all over the place when I did orally. You should get to know what your normal pre ov and post ov temps are. Obsessed with temping, I looked at the pattern for temps before bed and it's clearly higher post ov.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now