Talk

Advanced search

Could it be....?

(7 Posts)
Dilligufdarling Sun 12-Jul-15 20:54:40

So DH and I have just started ttc.
We had sex the day before I ovulated last month - I always feel it when I ovulate so that's a definite - which does put us in the fertility window.
I'm currently 10 DPO and have so far done 3 of the "early response" tests, all have come up negative.

But but but I just have a massive feeling that I'm pg.
have also had some of the very early symptoms:
Tingly boobs (like the let down when bfing)
Some cramping
A bit more tired than usual.
Sharper awareness of smells

My cycle varies between 22 and 25 days. I'm on day 23 so not necessarily late yet.

DS was something of a surprise so I wasn't symptom spotting with him.

Is it possible that I've tested too early and I could still be pg despite the negative tests?
The last one I did was yesterday.

Dilligufdarling Sun 12-Jul-15 22:01:30

Also does anyone know if a short cycle affects the likelihood of the early response tests not working as early?

Dilligufdarling Sun 12-Jul-15 22:46:24

Bump... Anyone?

5hell Sun 12-Jul-15 22:59:50

it's soooooo hard not to symptom spot isn't it?! but all those symptoms could just be normal hormonal variation symptoms (as progesterone rises during normal cycle). saying that, you cold of course be pg, but i would wait until CD 26-27 before testing again. we all product different amounts of hcg, so some will test pos later than others; i don't think it is kinked to cycle length (although that would be an interesting study!)

good luck

Dilligufdarling Sun 12-Jul-15 23:06:07

Thanks 5hell!
Yes massively hard not to symptom spit! And I know that knowing the potential symptoms makes it much more likely to find them!
Will try and hold off testing (again) for a couple more days.... smile

Junosmum Sun 12-Jul-15 23:13:46

All you can do is wait a few days. Implantation can occur up to 14 days after ov so it may be still happening for you, so I guess a short cycle may affect the tests.

Dilligufdarling Mon 13-Jul-15 08:38:55

Well, it turns out that it wasn't to be this month.
Period arrived this morning. So I guess all of the "symptoms" were coincidental.

Thanks both for your messages though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now