Talk

Advanced search

TTC soon but scared...

(5 Posts)
MummyBex1985 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:31:13

Hi all

New here so hope you don't mind me venting a little.

We have decided to start TTC my #2. However, I fell accidentally PG with my DD ten years ago and I am TERRIFIED I won't be able to get PG this time around.

I'm worried because I'm now 30 and have spent the last ten years with implanon or similar and I'm scared it's killed my fertility. Pretty stupid to even be worrying about it now I guess but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to face getting BFNs month after month...

Am I being completely ridiculous? Does anyone else feel this nervous?

Shira75 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:39:48

Hi, I really don't think you need to worry! 30 is so young, you still have plenty of time. Contraception doesn't cause infertility, and you have the added bonus of successful previous pregnancy. I'm 40 and TTC my first baby, I wish I had the time that you still have.
Lots of positive thinking and just relaaaaaax!
xxx

MummyBex1985 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:45:51

Thank you smile

I definitely felt young at 20 but at 30 not so much. I know that TTC after depo can be a nightmare so I'm scared it'll be the same after implanon!

Irrational, I know ;)

Best of luck to you, I actually can't wait to properly start trying grin xx

Oysterbabe Sun 12-Jul-15 18:37:24

I'm 34 and have been on various hormone contraceptives since age 15, including the implant recently. Stopped the contraceptives in November and got my bfp 5 months later. I'm sure you'll be fine.

KittyandTeal Sun 12-Jul-15 19:05:07

I got pregnant with my first at 30, fairly quickly too.

I was pregnant again with my second at 33 (although we lost her at 22 weeks) and that wasn't even proper 'trying'.

I'm not cycle 2 of proper ttc number 3. I'm scared I won't be able to get pregnant too, even though I got pregnant easily less than a year ago.

I'd say you'll be fine but I understand the worry, whatever age really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now