Talk

Advanced search

Ttc #1 need some reassurance this is "normal"!!

(6 Posts)
Emu123 Sun 12-Jul-15 15:11:11

Hi there

Bit about me. Started ttc in December 2014. Fell pregnant in 2nd month but miscarried at 6 wks - pretty devastated. My period went back to normal pretty quickly afterwards thankfully but AF just started today which is our 4th cycle trying post MC and I feel pretty fed up and like it won't happen.

I know four mths isn't long in the scheme of things but feels like all my friends got pregnant straight off v easily OR they had quite serious difficulties and took a few yrs and some help. I guess I don't really hear of people In between as it were so was hoping u lovely peeps might be able to share your experiences and help me chill out!!

I've temped and used the Cb tests so know I'm ovulating, DH has high sperm count and I even had bloods done post mc as I was worried it would happen again but they came back good.

Any words of wisdom/reassurance would be appreciated xx

mrschatty Sun 12-Jul-15 15:19:35

Hi- sorry to hear about your mc flowers

It's completely normal that you have not yet gotten pregnant again within that 4m time frame.
It took me 19m to even get a BFP so it can take a while.
Start to chart your cycle and use ovulation kits- you can get some basic cheap ones at cheap pharmacies on the high street. Then lie with your bum elevated post DTD ha worked for me eventually!!! Good luck

Emu123 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:22:01

Thank you mrschatty.

I think it doesn't help that I kept hearing you are more fertile after mc and lots of people on forums seem to fall straight after mc.

Thanks for the reassurance though. Are u pregnant now?

mrschatty Mon 13-Jul-15 07:18:08

Everyone is different- I know that's a rubbish saying but it's true. And medically no one would do any further checks on you until 12m have passed since the mc- if your still not pg in 6m go to the dr just to discuss.
Yes I'm 13w now! We were booked in to go to a fertility clinic I was waiting to get my period to call them and book my appointment when it just never arrived and I got my bfp!

soundsystem Mon 13-Jul-15 07:31:22

Sorry to hear about your mc. Nothing else to add really to what pp's have said I'm afraid other than to add that it's completely normal. I also understand how frustrating it is when it doesn't happen when you want it to - I'd just say you don't really know how easily other people conceived - I think people sometimes make out it happened right away when maybe it was a few months! Hope it happens for you soon x

Emu123 Mon 13-Jul-15 13:48:33

Thank you sounds stem and big congratulations mrschatty

We will keep trying and I will "try" not to stress. I have been pretty relaxed this month but then hormones kick in, my period was late and I got my hoped up. Four months feels like a long time but I realise it can take time so will try to be more patient.

Thanks again for your replies xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now