Talk

Advanced search

Repeat c-sections

(6 Posts)
Polkadot1 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:14:41

Hello! Trying to decide whether to try for number 3 after 2 planned C-sections. Has anyone any experience / advice about 3rd C section ? Got a nearly 3 yr old and a 1 year old and I'm 41 but pretty healthy!

Number3cometome Sun 12-Jul-15 14:20:08

Hi! Had my 3rd csection on Friday.

My first was 12 years ago and second 8 years ago so a bit of a gap.

The procedure itself took quite a bit longer than the first and second, and I had a past par-tum haemorrhage of 1000ml, but this was quickly resolved.

Didn't find it any more painful than before and I was back home quicker (within 24 hours)

I have however been told not to have any further csections as I am now 'paper thin' and this would pose a large risk.

So basically in a nut shell, go for it but be aware of what I have said.

kilmuir Sun 12-Jul-15 14:21:52

I had section 3 and 4 in my early 40's. Twenty months apart. Had no problems.

PickledinGin Sun 12-Jul-15 14:28:06

I had 3 sections. Last one involved having to repair my bladder as it had adhered to my womb but no long term effects from this thankfully.

I decided not to risk further pregnancies as normal birth was not an option due to size of my babies think baby elephants grin

Polkadot1 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:58:29

Thank you!

StoryOfMyLife Sun 12-Jul-15 22:06:30

I had my third section 3 weeks ago, quickest recovery I think, was out quicker than the others. No one said anything about not having a further baby but I won't be having anymore children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now