Talk

Advanced search

TTC after Micronor/ Mini Pill

(10 Posts)
starkers1 Fri 10-Jul-15 12:20:43

Hi all
Came off Micronor 3 & 1/2 weeks ago.
Have 1 18 month old DS and now hoping to TTC no2.

But already stressing that period hasn't returned and not ovulating, please share your situations if you also came off Micronor/mini pill and then TTc'd /got a BFP? Forgot how stressful this all was confused

PrtyPsn Fri 10-Jul-15 15:12:54

Hi,

No BFP for me yet, month 4 of TTC #1 but thought I would share my experience of coming off mini pill (Cerazette)
I only took if for nine months but I didn't get along with it so stopped. It took 9 months for my periods to return and an additional 3 months before they started to become regular. No idea re: ovulation as I don't test but the websites I read said some women do still ovulate very quickly after stopping and find themselves pregnant within a few months.

Good luck and FX'd your eggs get moving soon smile

Jellybean100 Sun 12-Jul-15 22:15:25

Hi prtyprsn did you have symptoms of pmt even without periods in those 9 months where you were waiting for them to return? I'm almost 5 weeks off the pill now. I am so hormonal but no period yet. Also been having stomach cramps as though period is about to arrive but alas no luck!!

Junosmum Sun 12-Jul-15 23:16:47

First period from coming off mini pill was 4 weeks. I then had a period 28 days after that and was pregnant before the next one (testing positive on day 27).

Vikkijayne2507 Mon 13-Jul-15 14:02:59

I just posted message for exactly this im 2 or 3 weeks post pill now and nada. I conceived my first after coming off pill after a month so quick I am worried this will take forever.

PrtyPsn Mon 13-Jul-15 14:50:37

Hi Jellybean

Some months yes, others no... sometimes I would be convinced I was going to start, sometimes so strongly that I would put a pad on but nothing. Then other months I woulnd't even have the faintest hint of pmt or anything. It was a real rollercoaster sad

Jellybean100 Mon 13-Jul-15 19:29:04

Did you go to the GP at all during those months? I can't believe it can vary so much from person to person!

sophied1983 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:00:23

I came off mini-pill and my monthly visitor took six weeks to show its face!

starkers1 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:25:31

Thanks for response!! Update with me- after searching on threads here kept reading about "Agnus Castus" originally meant to relieve menstrual symptoms but also seems to work in regulating cycle/bringing on AF.

So...took it on Friday (heavy dose I may add) and next morning- Sat- AF had arrived!!

Do not think this is coincidence, so girls give it a go!
Cuurrnly on half price at Holland & Barrett. Their's are very low dose pills so after reading up on it (as carries a Traditional Herbal Registration (THR) which restricts dosage to 4mg per tablet- even though the bigger body- Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) did grant a well established use (WEU) mongraph for 20mg of Agnus Castus...SO complicated!! )

SO to summarise: to get to what other girls where taking/worked for them - 20mg - I took 4 pills instead of the recommended 1... and it worked pronto!

mairimhor Tue 28-Feb-17 13:53:11

Hey, I know this thread is from a while ago, but just wondered what your experiences were with TTC after micronor? I've been off it for 2 weeks and no sign of period, in fact no symptoms of anything at all, which is freaking me out slightly as I kept to a regular cycle with the same symptoms all the time I was on this pill - the only difference was that my flow was much lighter.

Any advice/experiences?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now