Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a possible scar rupture and have more pregnanices?

(10 Posts)
mrscookie78 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:48:43

Title says it all really, they think my scar was rupturing during my second labour, does this affect future pregnancies? I'm in two minds on having a third baby......and wondered about a few things really!

SirVixofVixHall Thu 09-Jul-15 21:52:50

You need to get very good advice on this from an obstetrician. There were concerns about my scar during labour with DD2, and the surgeon who then did a second c-section said the scar wall was very thin. It was a factor in me deciding not to have a third, but not the whole reason, so I didn't get my scar checked. I would go to the GP and ask to be referred to someone who can give you advice on how safe it is to have another.

mrscookie78 Thu 09-Jul-15 22:25:15

Thank you, yes I know that feeling. It's not the only reason I'm unsure re number three but it is making me a bit unsure tbh. Thank you smile I will ask at the doctors next time I'm there. I do wonder if it's not meant to be as I was at high risk for downs/trisomys as well last time.

SirVixofVixHall Thu 09-Jul-15 22:37:44

It is worth finding out, and then you at least know what your options are. Also risk stats for Downs etc vary wildly with each pregnancy, so that may not be something you need to worry about at all. I was concerned about it, and having had two sections, and two dds in my 40s, I felt I was pushing my luck really and should stop at two. (I also had a terrible sleeper the second time and was completely shattered at the point where I would have needed to really get cracking with trying for a third!). But if you find out it isn't a problem, then at least you can then make a choice based on what you really want, rather than not having a choice at all.

mrscookie78 Thu 09-Jul-15 22:45:17

My first son was 1 in 1500 at 31 and then my second was 1 in 130 at 35, I have heard and I did post on the antenatal test thread. I have heard it can vary but it has gone down with me blush

mrscookie78 Thu 09-Jul-15 22:46:08

Oh and my second is only just sleeping through at 17 months. That 4 month sleep regression got stuck in our house for a very long time!!!! hmm

SirVixofVixHall Thu 09-Jul-15 22:49:56

My first was 1 in 50,000 and my second 1 in 160. Both were fine, but the second result was a bit scary. It was still better than the odds for my age alone though, and I would have had the baby anyway so I didn't have any further tests.

mrscookie78 Thu 09-Jul-15 22:57:20

That's a big jump in ratios smile

GherkinMuncher Thu 09-Jul-15 23:05:44

I had a rupture with my second pregnancy. I have been told it would be ok to have a third, but I'd have an ELCS at 38 weeks. If I went into spontaneous labour before then I'd have an EMCS. No plans for a third though!

SirVixofVixHall Fri 10-Jul-15 10:53:25

Yes, a big jump. Probably party age related, as I was 40 with first pregnancy, 42 or 43 can't remember when I was tested, (I turned 43 during the preg) with second.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now