Talk

Advanced search

6 days late - negative test - now what?

(8 Posts)
MrsNuckyThompson Thu 09-Jul-15 10:55:46

Just that really. Have only been TTC for two cycles. My cycles have been a bit more irregular since I had DS. Before him they were exactly 35 days, now they're between 32 and 36 days long. Even on the basis of 36 days, I'm 3 days late.

I've done several CB and FR tests over the last week, mainly first wee of the morning. All negative. I don't really feel pregnant (thought was mainly symptomless at this stage with DS) but we did DTD 4 or 5 times over the relevant period of my cylce ...it's a bit hard to judge with the erratic lengths.

Anyway, I think that given how sensitive and accurate most tests are these days, it seems unlikely I'm pregnant. But then where is AF?

Any ideas or suggestions?

sizethree Thu 09-Jul-15 13:26:08

It's possible to have an anovulary cycle, where you miss a period for a month.

Rememberallball Thu 09-Jul-15 13:27:22

My cycle is usually 27-29 days but, 2 cycles ago, it was a massively long 41 days with no obvious cause. Sometimes our bodies do this to us!!

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 09-Jul-15 13:35:47

How annoying! Would like AF to come now as I'd like to crack on with my next cycle ;-)

SometimesItRains Thu 09-Jul-15 13:38:22

With both my DCs I tested negative until about two weeks after the date my period should have been. They are 5 and 2 btw so it wasn't that long ago.

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 09-Jul-15 15:51:24

Good to know Sometimes! Will keep hoping a while longer then!

AlwaystheGodmother Thu 09-Jul-15 16:11:24

I am in fourth month of TTC for first time and am currently 8 days late, all with negative tests too. Have feeling any doc will say wait before testing further and i do know their tests are no diff to over the counter ones anyway but it's so frustrating so I share your confusion Nucky!
I keep reading different stories here, whipping myself into a frenzy which - let's face it - can't be hugely healthy or productive can it?! Am also seeing imaginary blue lines .... good luck!

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 09-Jul-15 16:46:40

And to you Always. Very annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now