Talk

Advanced search

Cyclogest/constipation horrors...

(12 Posts)
Tollygunge Wed 08-Jul-15 18:48:01

Hi! I'm only on day 3 of cyclogest (taken in the tradesmans if you will) and I'm super constipated! I've just taken sennakot but does anyone else have any ideas? Could try vaginally but apparently the discharge is then horrid? Help before my belly pops! My friend recommended Epsom salts? I'm not pregnant, taking for luteal phase defect.

Tollygunge Wed 08-Jul-15 19:59:15

Anyone?

Tollygunge Wed 08-Jul-15 20:03:52

Bump

Frank85 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:33:55

O god thought it was just me!!!! Im on the 2nd day after egg collection for IVF
Literally so round its like a football up my top and I cant go...... Hurts so much!!!
Help!!!!!

Imnotaslimjim Thu 09-Jul-15 21:35:46

If its been more than a couple of days, speak to the chemist about glycerine pessaries. Its about the only thing that will get you going. Increase your fluid and fibre in your diet to keep regular

Frank85 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:44:34

Getting on the fibre tommorrow!!!

dizzylemon Fri 10-Jul-15 13:46:17

I've been having the opposite issue lately and found that Chia seeds compounded the issue. If you don't mind the pricetag (and you only really need a small amount) then they might help to get things moving!

sizethree Fri 10-Jul-15 16:19:02

I'd recommend the natural holy trinity of constipation relief which is All Bran, dried apricots and prune juice.
I have that fur breakfast abd a small portion at nighttime and it's definitely helped significantly.
My constipation is pregnabcy related and is highly recommend learning to stomach prune juice early on. Very acquired taste but very much does the trick.
Ah, the glamour!

Frank85 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:31:07

Tomorrow im getting on the all bran / chia seeds and prune juice!!!
Its so painful now my sides actually feel bruised from the stretching of my stomach! Hoping this is from my egg collection the other day!

Frank85 Sat 11-Jul-15 10:29:33

All bran worked
Thank god!!!!!! smilesmilesmilesmile

sizethree Sat 11-Jul-15 10:57:23

Congratulations!

BeautifulBatman Sat 11-Jul-15 18:39:25

I was going to suggest all bran. I'm on 400mg cyclogest once a day. I do it vaginally. I'm also on iron supplants too, so constipation rules here. All bran is just about the only thing that has any effect at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now