Talk

Advanced search

How long to wait before testing again

(5 Posts)
Poppins27 Wed 08-Jul-15 14:31:09

Apologies in advance for my rambling.

The long and short of it is I came off the pill a few months ago and although we have been dtd we have not been recording when, not looking ovulation dates etc, just aiming to see what happens.

I've been a bit rubbish at tracking my periods but my cycle is approx 28 days, last month 26. So the first date of my last period was 4.6.15, and I'm still waiting!! I tested on Fri evening and Sat am as was due to be going out and didn't want to consume alcohol if pregnant but both tests were negative (cheapest ones Asda had if that makes any difference?!)
I had all the symptoms that I was going to start Sunday & Monday...but since then nothing!?

How long should I wait before testing again?!

I already have 1 dd but last time the first time I tested it was positive so didn't have to wait and my impatience is at an all time high...to find out either way?!

sarkymare Wed 08-Jul-15 15:20:50

I would test again tomorrow. Use first morning urine before you have anything to eat or drink. If you're pregnant the HCG in your urine will be concentrated and should be easily detectable.

First response tests are highly recommended on here. They are one of the most sensitive HPT available. Quite pricey though IMO so I've always opted for poundshop cheapies myself.

Best of luck!

Poppins27 Wed 08-Jul-15 15:52:05

Thank you for your reply. When I poas on Saturday that was the first prof the day (just in case Friday evenings was too dilute) but very definitely negative.

I'm calling my periods bluff now, home from gym, freshly showered and brand new white underwear on that I have been saving for 'best'!! Surely this will prompt an appearance wink

Poppins27 Thu 09-Jul-15 18:05:22

First response taken tonight and very definitely a positive result! Eek!

sarkymare Thu 09-Jul-15 18:32:50

YAY!! Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now