Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on OPKs please

(7 Posts)
AndThisIsTrue Wed 08-Jul-15 10:59:30

Hi, so we have only been trying since March, in May my AF went awol for the month and turned up on June 18th. So I started doing OPKs on CD 14 as I thought I normally Ov on cd 17. A week later on cd 21 and they are getting darker I think? They seemed to get a bit darker and then lighter again then darker. We have dtd a few times in the last week but I'm not sure if we should keep going now? Is cd 21 really late to Ov or is something else weird going on? Will try and attach picture. Would you take any of these as a +OPK? Thanks

AndThisIsTrue Wed 08-Jul-15 18:52:41

Bump

RoseBud2015 Wed 08-Jul-15 20:04:16

I wouldn't say any of those are positive I'm afraid!

I would keep on dtd regularly and see what happens. You may be ov'ing late or having an anovulatory cycle. You haven't been trying for that long so if you only came off the pill a few months ago (I'm not sure from your post above if this is the case!?), this could account for things being a bit all over the place!

CarrotVan Thu 09-Jul-15 14:47:21

It's possible that you missed your peak ovulation. Ideally you'd start testing around CD10.

AndThisIsTrue Thu 09-Jul-15 15:19:22

My cycles are normally 35 days, I don't think I would ovulate as early as cd 10? I've been off the pill since Dec and my cycles have been normal length apart from the missing one. Just wish I knew what was going on. Will keep testing and see what happens for the rest of the month.

sizethree Thu 09-Jul-15 15:28:13

I found those kinds so frustrating as i could never really tell the peak days. So I forked out for the clear blue digital kind with the smiley face indicators, and found them much more accurate. I fell pregnant within 2 months both times (first sadly ended in MC, and currently 23 weeks pregnant again).
Without the tests it took me 8 months to conceive. So although they are expensive, it does speed up conception time and pinpointed fertile window more accurately in my experience.
Good luck, hope you get your BFP very soon.

AndThisIsTrue Thu 09-Jul-15 15:40:42

Thanks I might look into them as these are driving me mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now