Talk

Advanced search

Spa during 2ww

(9 Posts)
NameChanger2000 Tue 07-Jul-15 18:20:24

I know, I know but can I? Would you?

I veering towards life is too short to put on hold every two weeks on the off chance I'm pregnant but as a serial MC-er I don't know if it's just down right stupid?!

After all, this could be THEE month....but probably isn't.

Raveismyera Tue 07-Jul-15 18:26:42

Yes I did, I went and had a steam
Room, sauna, jacuzzi and facial during the 2ww the month I fell pregnant. Go for it. I'm
Not even sure I understand what the risk is.

GinUpGirl Tue 07-Jul-15 18:37:17

Absolutely go.

NameChanger2000 Tue 07-Jul-15 18:59:56

Something to do with overheating.

Chattymummyhere Tue 07-Jul-15 19:01:49

I've got my own hot tub and plan on using it all the time, it's purely a temperature thing so if it feels too warm don't use it, if it's a private spa turn it down a bit.

MamaLazarou Tue 07-Jul-15 19:04:44

Yes, go, and enjoy it!

Junosmum Tue 07-Jul-15 19:22:57

I had a scaldingly hot bath every night of the 2ww when I got pregnant- it was a stressful week at work! 12 weeks so didn't do any harm. Relax and enjoy!

NameChanger2000 Tue 07-Jul-15 19:41:23

Right. Booked.

IrisPurple Wed 08-Jul-15 07:51:40

Good for you!

I had a chat with a very experienced masseuse, and she explained that massages can be dangerous if you are pregnant as it increases your metabolism. However there are massages specially for pregnant women, and other treatments such as reflexology are recommended.

I don't know about other spa activities, so I suggest that you check with the spa beforehand. Perhaps ring up before you go as the staff on the desk might not know.

It can feel like putting your life on hold - I'm not able to commit to anything big in case I'm pregnant / ill / have a small baby - I do amateur theatre, but there's no way I can audition for a play 3 months in advance. On the other hand it's very liberating not to have plans and commitments tying you down, and although an AF is disappointing, it's a chance to drink and eat cheese!

Let's hope our BFPs come soon! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now