Talk

Advanced search

faint test!!

(6 Posts)
MG34 Tue 07-Jul-15 00:35:51

Hi I had an MC 5 weeks ago so not sure when my period should arrive out of curiosity did a test which was negative. Looked in the bin the day after and see a microscopic line. I've seen people used the clear blue digital for certainty. Tested this evening and it was negative. Any advice on when to test again.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jul-15 14:00:11

Hi MG34 - we're just going to pop this over to a more appropriate topic.

cookielove Tue 07-Jul-15 14:17:50

Sorry you had a mc!

Did you get a a negative test after your mc?

If not this could either be residual hcg from your previous pregnancy or the beginning of a new one smile

Clear blues aren't as sensitive early on and also red dye tests are better, I would use a first response early result as they can be much clearer. Give it 48 hrs and retest!

moooolah Tue 07-Jul-15 17:41:23

I'd say this is mostly likely from your mc if you haven't tested negative yet.. esp only 5 wks on. I hope you're ok. X

Rememberallball Wed 08-Jul-15 12:29:18

You should never trust a test outside the instructed window for reading results - 10 minutes in most cases - because any lines outside that time could be evaporation. Get a test that is 10iu/ml as they are the most sensitive but, following your mc it could still be residual hcg if you've not had a confirmed -ve test since then.

MG34 Wed 15-Jul-15 00:12:20

I had a negative test post MC which is why I was curious. I've tested again and it's Negative but still no period nearly 7 weeks later ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now