Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

faint test!!

(6 Posts)
MG34 Tue 07-Jul-15 00:35:51

Hi I had an MC 5 weeks ago so not sure when my period should arrive out of curiosity did a test which was negative. Looked in the bin the day after and see a microscopic line. I've seen people used the clear blue digital for certainty. Tested this evening and it was negative. Any advice on when to test again.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jul-15 14:00:11

Hi MG34 - we're just going to pop this over to a more appropriate topic.

cookielove Tue 07-Jul-15 14:17:50

Sorry you had a mc!

Did you get a a negative test after your mc?

If not this could either be residual hcg from your previous pregnancy or the beginning of a new one smile

Clear blues aren't as sensitive early on and also red dye tests are better, I would use a first response early result as they can be much clearer. Give it 48 hrs and retest!

moooolah Tue 07-Jul-15 17:41:23

I'd say this is mostly likely from your mc if you haven't tested negative yet.. esp only 5 wks on. I hope you're ok. X

Rememberallball Wed 08-Jul-15 12:29:18

You should never trust a test outside the instructed window for reading results - 10 minutes in most cases - because any lines outside that time could be evaporation. Get a test that is 10iu/ml as they are the most sensitive but, following your mc it could still be residual hcg if you've not had a confirmed -ve test since then.

MG34 Wed 15-Jul-15 00:12:20

I had a negative test post MC which is why I was curious. I've tested again and it's Negative but still no period nearly 7 weeks later ��

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: