One of those 'could I be pregnant' threads, but would really appreciate your thoughts...

(7 Posts)
af2000 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:24:37

Will try to keep it brief.

I was taking antibiotics for a dental issue, warned by dentist that they would stop the pill working. Didn't have sex during the 5 days I took them, carried on taking the pill. Stopped the tablets on a Friday (a week and a bit ago) and as we were away for a great fun weekend completely forgot to take my pill for 3 days. Had sex last Monday, a week ago. I had some bleeding after forgetting to take my pill which I think is normal if you miss a few. That stopped last week.

So, I know there is a chance I could be pregnant. It isn't a great problem but not ideal timing.

I have 2 questions:
1. When would I do a test? Conception would have been one week ago if I am preg.
2. I think I am due to start the withdrawal bleed in the next day or so. Will I still get this if I am pregnant?

Thanks for reading!

fhdl34 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:50:50

If you don't know how long your luteal phase lasts I'd test in a fortnight. If you test in a week you may get a false negative (I have an irregular cycle and my luteal phase is usually 12-14 days but I usually don't get a darker line on tests till 15-17 days DPO - but I do buy cheap tests).

SunbathingCat Mon 06-Jul-15 13:57:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunbathingCat Mon 06-Jul-15 14:00:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CarrotVan Mon 06-Jul-15 14:19:48

Wait 12-14 days from the time you had unprotected sex and test then.

af2000 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:03:41

Hi everyone, thank very much for your replies.

Sunbathingcat that is reassuring to know about the antibiotics.. it wasn't those ones I was taking (can't remember which ones, just that you shouldn't drink on them).

So I guess it is just my general carelessness which has left me at risk. I am guessing that I have to see if I have a withdrawal bleed this week as it is my pill free week. If I don't get one could that be a sign of pregnancy? If I do get one should I still test? Sorry, I am rubbish at all this. I think perhaps I should re-evaluate my contraception!

CarrotVan Mon 06-Jul-15 17:34:52

Poundland sell pregnancy tests - put your mind at rest whether you get a bleed or not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now