Talk

Advanced search

Tracking Ovulation

(12 Posts)
AKP79 Mon 06-Jul-15 12:41:09

Hi ladies

I've been trying to get my head around tracking ovulation and have been reading threads to try and help as well as lots of googling, but I'm so confused with the information (and the abbreviation). My once, very regular periods have become irregular with spotting inbetween since TTC (which is very odd) and so I now want to start tracking ovulation.

We've been TTC for 4 months now, I'm 36 and I've not been on the pill, using a coil etc for four years (we've just been using condoms before TTC) so the change in my periods isn't to do with the adjustment to coming off of any birth control.

Has anyone got any simple tips and advice or any links to some good websites?

Also, aside from folic acid, are there any vitamins I should be taking.

I do already have a child, who is 3.5, but that was all very straight forward and immediate so I didn't ever need to look into ovulation times etc..

Thanks

AKP79 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:54:46

Can anyone help?? xx

JBoogie86 Mon 06-Jul-15 14:39:27

Hi ,

We have been TTC for 3 months now, I'm only this month tracking ovulation. I downloaded Ovia and Clue and put in as much information as I can each month when I had the coil removed in January which predicts my most fertile period but not my actual ovulation date . This month I have started to use OPK's which I ordered from Amazon , I started using them on the 8th day of my cycle , I am on cycle day 10 today so it will be interesting to see how it goes! We are also trying the SMEP , spermmeetseggplan.com/smep-step-by-step/

Some useful info below,

www.babyandpregnancy.co.uk/tracking-your-ovulation.html

Hope this helps ,

x

AKP79 Mon 06-Jul-15 14:56:50

Hi - thank you so much for this... it's an absolute minefield... I've just ordered some OPKs from Amazon too. It's a shame because I was hoping to just chill out and think what will be will be, but being older has put a little added pressure on the whole thing!

The SMEP plan looks really helpful and just the kind of thing I was looking for!

Thank you! xx

Mermaid36 Mon 06-Jul-15 15:17:49

I've been tracking using the Ovia app, and am finding it pretty simple. For the time being, I'm not using OPKs, just temp, weight, cm etc in the app.

I've been taking Pregancare Conception vits - they have folic acid in, plus some other stuff. I'm considering buying the his and hers next month and making OH take them too...

I'm 35, TTC #1 and have just come off the PO pill, though i've been on oral contraception since 1996 (eek!)

AKP79 Mon 06-Jul-15 16:34:06

I've just downloaded the Ovia app - looks fab. The one I had been using was really basic.

We've got the his and her vits, but I'm so terrible at remembering to take them!

Good luck to both of you...x

JBoogie86 Wed 08-Jul-15 15:17:36

AKP79- There is so much information, tips, plans, advice etc. it gets overwhelming! I have tried really hard not to get to consumed by it all and let things just happened as and when but its so hard when its all you want! Ovia is really helpful and the more info you put in the better. I'l keep you updated with the SMEP - will be testing at the end of the month

Mermaid- I started taking folic acid in January and last month started taking His and Hers Pregnacare vitimins , were see how they go I guess!
AKP79, I put them by my bed so I remember , otherwise I wouldn't!

I'm 28 TTC#2 I had my first very young so this all feels so new !

Good Luck to you both smile
X

RalucaMorena Wed 08-Jul-15 16:14:58

I use fertility friend app. Also I take seven seas trying for a baby vitamins. Dh takes vitamins. Following smep but it can turn into a chore.

RalucaMorena Wed 08-Jul-15 16:16:11

Oh! And I eat lots of green food before ov, and faty dairy. Also red meat.

Cheshirehello79 Wed 08-Jul-15 16:22:36

There's a period app you can download on your phone and record all your periods every time . The app will tell you your most fertile days and if you've got irregular periods it will form a pattern . Good luck . The app is free

CarrotVan Thu 09-Jul-15 14:10:44

AKP I also keep my vitamins by my bed and take before bed. I'm very sensitive to iron supplements and they make me feel very sick if I take them and then try to move so last thing at night means I can go to sleep and not worry about the iron making me throw up. You really should take at least folic acid

Sunshinegirl2015 Thu 09-Jul-15 17:51:06

Fairly new to this too but downloaded the free p.tracker app.

It's pretty spot on although this month I used the clearblue dual hormone opk (mainly to make sure I was ovulating) and it detected my LH surge a day before the app suggested but it's a pretty good app at recording duration of flow and cycle plus you can add weight, mucus and temp if you chart. You can also put symptoms which helps me when I'm in the tww and symptom spotting to see that oh yeah, I had a headache 7days P/O last month too etc.

Used Freedom opk's £2.80 from wilkinson last month and they didn't detect anything so perhaps I didn't ovulate last month.

This is ttc month five for us although one month we missed the boat due to thrush so DH likes to say it's cycle 4.

We both take pregnacare after dinner. They're about £18 for 30 tablets for each of us but I usually get when they're on offer in boots/superdrug/h&b.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now