how long before TTC DC no 2?

(6 Posts)
cantbelieveimonhere Sat 27-Jun-15 22:28:02

Desperately miss being pregnant. Can't watch new pampers ads without crying.
Would like dc (9 months) to have siblings. But had complications after section. First pain free day was when
dc was 6 months
so...how long do we wait? Any advice/experience welcome

Indomitable Sun 28-Jun-15 18:54:31

Hi, I saw your post had gone unanswered. I'm not much help, I found being pregnant very difficult, and the newborn stage traumatic.

DS is now 4 and we're ready to ttc #2.

But many people have babies much closer together, and I've known several start trying when the eldest is 9 months. If you're ready, and there's no medical reason why not, then do what's right for you and your family.

magpiedreams Sun 28-Jun-15 19:06:58

It's obviously a really individual thing.
We have a 20m gap, found out I was pregnant on #1 1st birthday I also really missed being pregnant and loved being pregnant again. HOWEVER, the pregnancy was much, much harder with a toddler to look after too, and I found having 2 under 2 really challenging, but that did get easier.

Lilipot15 Sun 28-Jun-15 19:15:11

I believe they are revising advice about gaps after having a c-section to two years - I have a small age gap, had a planned section second time after an emergency section. My scar was found to be very thin and close to breaking down at surgery....consultant said it's a good job I'd had the section when I did.
I would advise contacting your consultant from first time round for advice, particularly if you had complications first time around. Then you can be best informed to plan number two.
A small age gap is I'm told great in the long run, for now it's extremely tiring!!

cantbelieveimonhere Mon 29-Jun-15 17:43:24

Thanks. Don't know how I'd cope looking after 1.5yo after another section. No lifting etc how'd you find it Lilipot15

Lilipot15 Wed 01-Jul-15 17:02:59

I was lucky as I recovered well after my elCS and my toddler was walking well. Had help lined up for the first few weeks - DH paternity leave and now my parents. Just needing to be very careful. The main challenge at the moment is how long breast feeding is taking, and that would be the case regardless of mode of delivery!
Toddler is in nursery part-time too which gives me a rest too. Funny how second time round you consider being on your own with a newborn "a rest"!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now