Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation tests

(25 Posts)
Emmalbae Sat 27-Jun-15 15:54:36

Just taken these tests.
Boots one above and a cheap amazon one.
Obviously negative boots one but amazon one looks positive to me ?
Any ideas if boots tests are weaker and what to make of this ? Thanks.

Emmalbae Sat 27-Jun-15 16:05:45

I also read the results between 5-7 minutes. Checked after ten and still both looked the same.

Emmalbae Sat 27-Jun-15 18:38:45

just done another amazon cheapie at 6pm. BFN really faint test line sad
no idea now what to think.
would of been lovely to seen a positive especially because pcos is a big worry

FlourishingMrs Sat 27-Jun-15 19:20:34

Looks like is building up so I would BD ifi were you.

Emmalbae Sat 27-Jun-15 20:07:10

Thanks.
I find it strange that the ic can be nearly/positive one time and two hours later a BFG. All I did was drink half a pint water before each test about an hour before each one.
I do remember my first sample being a darker yellow than the second sample.
Strange though had my hopes up it was poistive now nothing :/

Emmalbae Sat 27-Jun-15 21:36:16

Any more ideas ?

ohhello Sat 27-Jun-15 22:53:23

Doesn't pcos mess with ov tests?

Emmalbae Sat 27-Jun-15 23:02:17

Not sure.
I am very worried about pcos though,
Convinced I will never have a baby :/

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 10:38:53

Any ideas???

ohhello Sun 28-Jun-15 11:29:24

How long have you been trying for?

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 11:46:06

Only two months ago

Jellybean100 Sun 28-Jun-15 12:21:14

I don't know a massive amount about opks. The Amazon one looks positive. The LH surge only lasts about 4 hours so you could have caught the end of it, then it was gone when you retested at 6pm. Also if you had drank a lot of fluids before you tested that could also affect the result at 6pm?

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 12:56:06

Hi. I drank about a quarter of a pint of water between 4pm and 6pm not really enough to affect it i dont think.
I could of caught the end. Its upsetting not knowing though

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 13:52:27

Just took this one . Negative

4pm yesterday. Knowing my luck the boots one i took at 4pm yesterday was probably right. (Negative)
Feeling so down and depressed. After all my worries about pcos I thought that positive could give me some hope and it didn't.

ohhello Sun 28-Jun-15 16:01:22

I think you need to be really careful with these sticks as lots of people don't ever get positives, and you can miss the surge easily. I have a three year old from a cycle where I never had a positive test.
It's only been two months, id try and just have regular sex throughout your cycle and try not to get too hung up on pee sticks.

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 17:17:17

Thanks,
I'm just so sad I just want to know I can conceive, if I have to have a life where I never manage to have a baby I don't know what I'll do.

Jellybean100 Sun 28-Jun-15 17:33:39

It's only been two months, maybe worry when you've been actively ttc after 6-9 months.

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 20:14:29

Ill try but I can't help it.
I'm so worried

Chocolatewaterfalls Sun 28-Jun-15 20:18:39

Do you have any of the other symptoms of ovulation?

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 20:50:05

None.
No mucus. No pains. No rising cervix. No change of cervical position sad unfortunately

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 20:50:27

I never get any of these either

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 21:04:14

I feel so down that I get none of these

Emmalbae Sun 28-Jun-15 21:51:59

Anyone else ?
I can't bear this.
Another night of going to bed not even being reassured I can have the one thing I want. A family. Not even knowing I can have that. It's leading me deeper into this spiral of depression. I can't function because of it.
Had a few crys today :/

homeaway Sun 28-Jun-15 22:31:23

I would think about getting the clearblue dual test that tests for oestrogen as well as lh, or even just the ones that test lh, they will give you a smiley face when you are near ovulation and take the guess work out. Your tests look nearly positive , and maybe the surge happened during the night if your surge is short. You can get pregnant with just creamy cm so dont worry about the lack of it. If you have short cycles you are probably ovulating earlier and longer cycles you are probably ovulating later. Not many women ovulate on day 14smile, just around that day. Toni weschlers book taking charge of your fertility is worth reading as it gives lots of information about our cycles. Hth

ohhello Sun 28-Jun-15 22:38:43

I think you need to really sort your head out here and get some perspective, it's really normal to take a year to get pregnant. At this rate you are going to be so low. I think you need to discuss with partner/friends etc and get done support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now