Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Positive ovulation test on my period? Please help, my research isn't!

(8 Posts)
sophiedeana990 Fri 26-Jun-15 16:24:42

Okay so ever since I was 10 my periods have always been every 29/30 days, only ever lasting 3 days or less. I've been TTC for about 3 months now and so decided to pop to Boots today and try out some fertility tests for this month.

I got home this afternoon and just out of curiosity, decided to try one out. I got a big smiley face! ��

Really confusing, as I've religiously been checking my cervix for months and it's never been high, soft and open at the times it should've been... But I never checked my cervixal positioning during my period until today!

Today my cervix is high, soft and open. I'm confused because since my cycle is 30 days, surely I can't ovulate on like day 3/4 of my cycle?

The exact fertility tests I'm using is ClearBlue Digital tests (they're Pink and White). Could there be a medical condition that's given me a false reading? I know hormones can be the problem but mine are normal since they came back normal in my bloods.

Thank you everyone x

sophiedeana990 Fri 26-Jun-15 16:28:32

Should probably add that I did post this on the pregnancy forum, but I quickly realized this was the place to submit my woes! Lol.

A lovely lady on the other forum suggested me actually being pregnant and that my period is just implantation bleeding, BUT, the period lasted 3 days (I'm still having the odd bit of mucusy blood), and at times the bleeding was actually quite thick and heavy so surely this can't be implantation bleeding as the consistency of my bloods tells me I've shredded uterus lining?

BabyBumpHopeful Fri 26-Jun-15 20:06:48

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

willitbe Fri 26-Jun-15 21:07:27

Firstly do take a pregnancy test just to check. It is possible to have a break-through bleed in pregnancy, at the time your period is due. (implantation bleed is generally less)

But after this, yes there are medical conditions that mislead opks. Some women with PCOS can't use opks or have to use less sensitive ones. So if your pregnancy test is negative, it might be worth looking into getting blood tests done with the GP (day 3 and day 21 tests they are generally referred to)

Hope it turns out to be pregnancy for you!

sophiedeana990 Sun 28-Jun-15 09:19:15

Hi all, took a pregnancy test and it was a BF 'Not Pregnant', so not pregnant. I've been tested for PCOS previously, so it won't be that.

Thanks for all your help, now I'm just really frustrated :/ it makes trying for month so complicated and confusing!! Ergggghhh

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 28-Jun-15 09:34:08

I think you need to use the ovulation tests for a full month before worrying. Hopefully there will be another peak later in the month which will be your actual ovulation. I'm pretty sure I've read that some women do get a second peak around their period. Don't worry at this stage, it's early days

sophiedeana990 Sun 28-Jun-15 09:46:20

Thank you, think I will have to. I'm going to start testing with the ovulation kit around day 4th June to the 9th June, just to make sure, giving leeway both ways for early and late ovulation to my 30 day cycle.

Lweji Sun 28-Jun-15 10:07:49

Just to point out that the cervix also opens during your period. To let the blood out. smile
So, that part is perfectly normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now