Talk

Advanced search

Pcos... Hair EVERYWHERE! Can't conceive... Nightmare!

(2 Posts)
Nickylovesherjohn Thu 25-Jun-15 20:12:12

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with pcos a few years back not been on any medication, as it has not really bothered me before.
All of a sudden I have more body hair than bloody wolverine including on my chin! I now look like my old auntie joy (she had a goatee) and It feels like stubble as I was advised to shave it ( not a good thing to do) any medication I can get from my gp to solve this problem?
Also my period is basically monthly maybe a few days off at most, but I haven't had it for 5 months or so, we're trying to conceive so im a bit worried. I've had past scans of my ovaries and the sonographer couldn't see anything no cysts nothing is that normal or misdiagnosed by my GP? Help me before I turn into a ball of fluff! confused

Dollydewdrop21 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:08:19

Hi.

I was also diagnosed with pcos after a few years of ttc with no luck. I was prescribed metformin. At that point i didnt notice any change and was still not ovulating. I slowly changed my diet (limiting carbs and sugar and upping protein, fruit and veg) I also lost 4.5 stone. I am now ovulating again and still taking the metformin.

How is your diet and bmi? I would strongly encourage you to eat well and exercise. Doctor was telling me to do it for ages but just couldnt get it right! I wish I had done it earlier.

I know it's really tough but it is possible to control your pcos. Speak to your gp about metformin and dont give up. Good luck! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now