Talk

Advanced search

Been trying 8 years now!!

(5 Posts)
galazyace30 Thu 25-Jun-15 13:14:09

Hi all, I know I should be grateful as I am blessed with 2 beautiful daughters, however I can feel my life plan slipping away more and more every month and its killing me, everywhere I look people are pregnant and have newborns. It makes me furious when people who aren't even trying fall pregnant over and over. I know I shouldn't feel this resentment but I can't help it. Because of this me and my best friend have rarely seen each other, she has 5 weeks to go down and I just know I'm going to sob if I get to hold him/her.
Sending loads and loads of baby dust to everyone who needs it.
Claire xx

Superexcited Thu 25-Jun-15 13:19:18

Please keep up the faith, it might still happen. We had two children who we easily conceived within a couple of months of stopping contraception then it took us over 4 years to conceive our third child. I had given up hope and started to keep myself away from people who had small babies but then we unexpectedly got pregnant.
Have you visited the doctor for any tests?

galazyace30 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:00:33

My doctor just doesn't seem interested

Superexcited Fri 26-Jun-15 07:19:43

Ask to see a different doctor. After 12 months of TTC the doctor should offer you hormone tests and then a referral to the fertility dept at the hospital if the hormone tests don't show up anything abnormal.
I had the hormone tests after 12 months of TTC and I was offered a referral to the hospital but I didn't take it up as I was concerned about all kinds of (probably irrelevant) things.
You might not be entitled to IVF on the NHS as you already have two children which means in some areas you won't meet the criteria but you are entitled to a referral to the fertility clinic so they can see what's going on and prescribe clomid if you are not ovulating regularly.

galazyace30 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:25:54

Because I also have a life long illness the doctors don't want me to have more children but its just a pure NEED. I always planned on 4 children, I was born to be a mum. I did say originally that I wanted my 4 children by the time I was 30. I have now extended that to 40.
I'm sure people can understand completely how I feel mentally about just giving up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now