Talk

Advanced search

been off cerazette 3 days not had a bleed or anything

(12 Posts)
lilworthy Wed 24-Jun-15 19:49:06

Been on cerazette for 6 years and stopped taking it 3 days ago because it causing me to have really bad depression so come off it have been having sex and I've normally had like a break though bleed but I've had nothing what should I do

Junosmum Wed 24-Jun-15 20:36:35

Wait. My first bleed after coming off cerazette (was on it 3 years) took 3 weeks. I then settled in to a 28 day cycle and pregnant before the 3rd period.

dreamingofmynextsleep Wed 24-Jun-15 20:51:34

This is SO normal. My first period after stopping my pill last August, took 56 days! Since then I've been a regular 35 day cycle smile so don't panic smile

Violetcloud Wed 24-Jun-15 21:47:51

I came off a couple of weeks ago and it took 5 days. Which was a little strange, because in the past I always bled if I happened to miss 2...

Don't worry about it, bodies are weird!

Morwenna1 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:02:20

Day 14 and still waiting!! That's what's weird - something always happened if I missed it!

Morwenna1 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:04:29

Actually lilworthy, after me saying it hasn't affected me mood wise at all, I did think to myself earlier I feel a lot more positive than I have in a long while! That's since I came off it...

sophied1983 Wed 24-Jun-15 23:21:09

I stopped Cerazette 4 weeks ago and still no period.

I've felt rough in other ways - feel sick all the time and sore nipples. But no bleed yet...

LittleDunnock Wed 24-Jun-15 23:40:29

If I knew now what I did about Cerazette I wouldn't have gone on it. Apart from having it stop my periods completely, whilst I was on it, it also took me months & months to get a period, & even then it was a VERY long time before I had regular periods. My GP said it was one of the worst pills to be on if you want to come off & get pregnant quickly.

theblairbitchproject Wed 24-Jun-15 23:45:13

Took at least 6 months for me to get my periods back after I stopped Cerazette- although I do suspect some of that was down to stress. Sorry to put a downer on you OP.

lilworthy Thu 25-Jun-15 00:31:03

Its okay theblairbitchproject and yes I feel alot better and positive since I've come off it just feel sick today which is really weird for me since I've never felt ill when I've missed pills I missed pills for 4 days and had a break through bleed normally about now and had abit of cramping the other day but that's it so really confused period im happy to wait for but I've heard you Can get pregnant after coming off these really quick what if I don't get my period as the second or third day is the most risky to get pregnant specially since having unprotected sex aswel

SycamoreMum Thu 25-Jun-15 00:37:45

Just give it time to get out of your system I suppose. It took about 6 weeks for my cycle to come back. I then became pregnant 6 months later, no problems conceiving.

lilworthy Thu 25-Jun-15 10:18:14

What I am doing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now