Talk

Advanced search

Sore breasts and ovulation

(8 Posts)
Twasthecatthatdidit Tue 23-Jun-15 21:31:24

Hi all
Does anyone get sore breasts connected with ovulation, and if so, is it before, during or after? Had what I thought was a positive opk on Tuesday evening, boobs got sore on Thursday morning, only had opportunity to Dtd on Thursday evening....I've missed it, haven't i? Sigh, my age gap is getting bigger and bigger...

Silversun83 Wed 24-Jun-15 14:10:55

I also get ovulation-associated sore breasts each month. For me, I think it's a sign that I have ovulated... It also seems to correlate scientifically as breast soreness can be a sign of progesterone increase which happens after ovulation. But eggs can live for 12-24 hours after ovulation so it might not have been too late!

Twasthecatthatdidit Wed 24-Jun-15 16:00:48

Well my boobs are no longer sore so I'm guessing I'm not pregnant. Otherwise I think they would remain tender...damnit!

dreamingofmynextsleep Wed 24-Jun-15 16:37:45

Hey - I ovulated on 8th and from about 4 dpo by boobs just ached and over the next 10 days felt bruised.. Even now - I've got brown spotting which started the day AF was due (Sunday) and which hasn't stopped but hasn't gone into full AF - my boobs just feel bruised around the sides. This has been in and off and there have been times where it appears to have calmed and then got more noticeable again?
Sore boobs was never a PMS or ovulation symptom for me so ... It isn't over until AF arrives! Or a BFP!
smile

When are you died

dreamingofmynextsleep Wed 24-Jun-15 16:38:42

That was in no way meant to say died.. Definitely meant to ask when you are due! smile

Silversun83 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:00:12

My boobs also get progressively less sore and then stop hurting as AF approaches and I've unfortunately not had a BFP yet.. I always tell myself it's not over yet but likewise, I just can't see how they would stop hurting and be pregnant.. Anyone with experience to the contrary is very welcome to comment! smile

Twasthecatthatdidit Wed 24-Jun-15 18:18:25

Not sure when I'm due - my cycles are generally about 4.5 to 5 weeks long but have been as short as 4 weeks and if I did ovulate last Wednesday/Thursday it would be likely just over a 4 week cycle. So my af could be due anytime between 29 June to 6 July! Have a big night out scheduled for next Saturday so will be testing that morning if af hasn't appeared.
Last cycle I got pregnant and knew within a couple of days of conception, had implantation bleed at 7dpo and faint positive around 9/10dpo, unfortunately miscarried about 5 days later. Guess in my gut I know I'm not pregnant this time sad

Twasthecatthatdidit Wed 24-Jun-15 23:18:08

Oh, feeling little twingey feelings around where my uterus is! Is it a sign?! All this symptom spotting is crazy. Need to join one of the ttc threads so we can symptom spot together!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now