Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue OPKs - smiley face on day 11 of a 30+ day cycle?

(14 Posts)
icedgem85 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:41:05

Hi smile has anyone used these before? They say they pinpoint your 2 most fertile days but I had a smiley face on day 11 and then just empty circles since. I've had no ECWM yet either. My cycles are 30-32 days long and internet cheapies usually get dark for me around day 18-20 so this seems far too early. Is it a false positive? If it's right (I know they're supposed to be very accurate) it seems weird I had no ECWM. It says you shouldn't look at the sticks but there was a smudge of blue across it so wondering if that's a sign of a false positive. I've never actively TTC before this month, but used OPKs to avoid pregnancy. TIA!

icedgem85 Wed 24-Jun-15 15:45:06

buuump

BabyBumpHopeful Thu 25-Jun-15 04:01:42

We need more info. When did you start testing? I have a 32-34 day cycle so i start at cd16 because I usually ov cd20.

Are you using advanced clearblue (with flashing smile) or regular. When you say smile do you mean flashing or solid?

It's unlikely that first one was correct.

joopy79 Thu 25-Jun-15 04:50:31

This happened to me! I was using clear blue digitale. I had a smiley face on around day 9. 2 weeks later BFP.

icedgem85 Thu 25-Jun-15 13:03:34

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for replying.

I started testing on day 7. It was a fixed smiley face, nothing about a flashing one on the packaging (might be wrong!) I'm on day 16 now and I've bleeding the tiniest amount!? Like only when I wipe, it's a pink colour. This has never happened before! Very strange.

Ooh! Congratulations Joopy!! x

BabyBumpHopeful Thu 25-Jun-15 17:57:35

There are 2 possible causes:

- ovulation spotting (some women get this); OR
- implantation bleeding

If you ov'd on CD11, implantation on CD16 (or 5dpo) isn't very likely, but it's possible. I'd be hopeful but continue testing and take a HPT in about a week to see what's going on.

icedgem85 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:05:04

Thanks smile

I've never had ovulation bleeding before, so weird. Sorry for TMI but I also have diarrhoea now! Exciting lol!

icedgem85 Fri 26-Jun-15 20:19:37

Bleeding has completely gone now... can't wait to test!! Guess I'll have to wait a week or so

icedgem85 Thu 02-Jul-15 22:36:00

I tested today, was negative. Still only day 23 though. I guess it wasn't implantation otherwise I'd be showing positive by now. Maybe ovulation bleed, in which case - if I had sex after that happened (that evening) I guess that would be too late for conception since the sperm would have already had to have been there!?

joopy79 Fri 03-Jul-15 15:06:38

It's still fairly early and it's your first month of TTC. I would say keep using the OPKs to see if there is a pattern to your ovulation

icedgem85 Fri 03-Jul-15 18:46:00

Now I'm even more confused. Just got another positive CBD OPK and ECWM. It's day 24!?

Cln1510 Fri 03-Jul-15 21:33:09

I decided to use cb opk's this month and got a smiley face on cd14 then I got another one at cd20. So no idea what my body is doing!

MrsPCR Fri 03-Jul-15 21:45:16

Temping is the way forward! I use both, as opk gives me an idea earlier and the. Confirm it with the temp. As long as tomorrow is high, my body has been very regular and matches the opk, but best of all I know for definite that I'm done for this month.

icedgem85 Sun 05-Jul-15 21:49:45

I've heard people rave about them but I don't rate them at all. I think I did actually ovulate on day 24/25. Tests are negative now. No sign of period coming soon either but negative hpt so think it's just going to be a random long cycle. I've googled too much now and read stuff about short luteal phase defects and how it's likely to cause miscarriage etc. I was on the pill when I conceived my little girl and bled through the first trimester so I don't really know much about my fertility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now