Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clearblue Confusion.

(8 Posts)
GoodbyeToAllOfThat Mon 22-Jun-15 11:08:27

Hi all, I've been doing clearblue for the past couple of weeks - got a flashing smiley on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Today I got an error message and it wouldn't budge, so I bought a brand-new unit.

Then I tested and it was the zero sign! What does this mean, that I'm not ovulating?

I'd really appreciate someone's expert guidance. thanks!

WishUponAStar28 Mon 22-Jun-15 11:21:25

I used one of these and constantly had the 0 then out of the blue had the smiley face for 3 days... so I took it that i wasnt ovulating when i thought i should be.... still awaiting the results....

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Mon 22-Jun-15 11:32:01

Flashing smiley or solid?
I'm unreasonably upset about this, I need to get a grip.

WishUponAStar28 Mon 22-Jun-15 11:35:16

just a solid smiley... didn't realise they flashed too! I need to get a grip too as slightly late and everything is showing negative!

driftingclouds Mon 22-Jun-15 11:45:48

I only used this for one month as it was too expensive, but I did get quite a number of flashing days before the solid smiley face (maybe 4-5?). Can't help with the error message I'm afraid but for the new machine, my understanding is that it will always show a circle the first time you use it, regardless of what your levels are doing-it's like a baseline. This is why you have to start a few days before likely ov but also why some people jump straight from circle to solid face. Are you checking your temperature? I found that the best way to check if I was ovulating. Good luck!

saddlefish Mon 22-Jun-15 12:11:36

I had this one month and I gave them a ring . They said it was a faulty wand and sent me some extras in the post. It is small consolation as you may have missed this month because, as a previous user said, the first day is always a blank. test tomorrow anyway, you may go straight to a solid smiley. I ended up using internet cheap tests and found them just as reliable. Best of luck

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Mon 22-Jun-15 12:48:57

Phew, you guys have really made me feel better. So the zero is there regardless. I had three flashing smileys (last one yesterday) so even if I have a zero tomorrow it's possible I'm ovulating today.

Annoying that I've drawn my baseline on a peak day, though?

I've decided that if I get a negative this month I'll get a more serious fertility monitor next month, so I probably won't call Clearblue in any case.

thanks everyone!

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Mon 22-Jun-15 16:02:51

And now back to the flashing smiley face.
I really hope it's solid tomorrow, because that would be my fifth day of a flashing smiley.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: